Final chapter

Raven watched as wives kissed their husbands before leading their children down into the bunker, she could see that the mothers were trying and succeeding at hiding their fear from their children. Once again she felt the pain of bringing this to their doorstep no matter how many times she was told otherwise. By mid-day everyone who wasn't fighting was safely tucked away, Max stood outside the doorway, wringing her hands in nervousness. Hunter was speaking with the warriors Raven walked over to Max hoping to ease some of her tension.

Are you ready? Raven asked, taking Maxs hands in her own.

I should be asking you that. Max laughed nervously, she moved her hand from Ravens own to her mates face, instinctively Raven leaned inward loving the feel of her mates skin against her own. Night approached faster than normal this time but in a way it made sense. This wasn't a normal situation Raven headed towards the woods she wasn't going to change into whatever beast she was about to become in front of others.

The seer did not go into much detail on how the change would occur, wouldn't give her much detail on how much pain she was to expect. Just that the change would start at sunset. Raven looked out towards the sky, sun was setting.

Terrified Raven clamped her eyes shut, cold shivers shot through her body and both her hands and legs were trembling. Ravens vision went blurry as tears filled her eyes. Agonizing cramps seemed to crush her insides from within. A sickening pain shot through her stomach, arms wrapped tightly around it. It was all she could do to not collapse and wither in misery on the dirt floor.

But all too soon the intensity was too much and Raven fell to the earth, her fingers dug into the soil. Trying to distract herself from the ever growing pains. She clawed at her skin next, it burnt, crying out as her bones broke and began to reform. A snap from a branch made her turn her head and a whistling sound followed after. She looked in the direction of the sounds.

Well well isn't that something.

Jayson. She croaked.

He kneeled down to her level, I knew that you would figure out some sort of trick. But I came prepared. He pulled a vial out of his pocket.

What? Another wave of pain ran through her body.

Black magic. Unlike yours my change will be fast and painless. Then we end this. He downed the vial in one go. As he began to change Raven was just finishing hers. She was still getting used to her new form when Jayson plowed into her. His form was a montous version of what she now was. Raven staggered to her feet with her new form; everything was different. Her whole equilibrium was off. Jayson swiped his paw at her his claws narrowly getting her.

Finally gathering her bearings she crouched down snarling at him. It was as if instinct had taken over fangs and claws clashed together. Raven backed away, gaining distance both Jayson and herself were panting. Blood leaking from every orifice that had been torn open by each other's claws. Thankfully none of the wounds were fatal but that was also the down side. It meant that She would need to actually go in for the kill instead of getting lucky. The red glow of the moon shown down on them. An upside of her form was that hers was smaller than Jaysons. Which in a way made her quicker then him. He lunged at her which she dodged at the last second he turned slightly allowing her to be quick and jump on his back.

He tried to throw her from him but her claws were dug in deep. She bit into his neck her teeth deep and with a forceful movement of her head she tore a chunk from his neck. Blood seeping from his wound.

Jayson began trying to shake her loose, it seemed to her as he was doing this that he was starting to lose all rational thought. And he was slowing down a small part of her wondering if Jayson was ready to die, finally he shook her loose. Raven landed with a thud, due to the force she slid a little. She watched as he turned back towards her, already he was starting to turn human. Jayson leaned against the nearest tree, naked and bloody. Raven stayed in her lycan form as she approached Jayson with caution, he glared at her, wanting to end this once and for all she quickly shoved her hand through his chest cavity. Her hand wrapped around his beating heart with the swift movement of her arm she pulled it out. The organ beat twice in her hand before it finally stopped.

Raven limped back to where everyone was. She was surprised to see how far she had actually been from home and everyone. Max let out a gasp when she saw Raven and rushed over Raven whimpered as Max hugged her.

Sorry. Max apologized letting her go but still touching her in some way.

Is anyone dead? Raven asked her, the tone of her voice laced with concern.

Yes, Hunter is informing the families now. Ravens knees buckled as the adrenaline wore off.

The first few weeks after the fight were rough. But eventually everyone found a way to cope with the losses and what the future would now hold. When the announcement of Maxs pregnancy happened it was joyful news that lightened the pack. Everyone was excited and then there was the birth of the child, a perfect combination of Hunter and Max. Raven had a dejavu moment as she watched two children play the younger boy born a few years after his older brother. A heavily pregnant Max watched them as well while she talked with other mothers who brought their own children to play. With a sad smile Raven snuck off. She sat by the river in the woods, her mind wandering with thoughts.

Is this your river or can anyone watch the water?

Raven laughed out as the seer approached and sat beside her, Plenty of room, what brings you here?

You do. I know you worry. Tell me, child.

One, Im older than you. Two, it's nothing really.

Really? So you're not envious of Max?

No, not of her.

Just that she among other women of the pack have gotten pregnant and had children. And you haven't.

I just wonder if sometimes the curse affected me more than I know. Hunter and I have been trying

And you've lost hope.

Yeah.

Well Ill just leave you with this, you never know what the future will hold.

The end