Chapter 8

Hunter

Hunter paced his office. Max had let him know the moment that they had entered the pack house. She had told him before she left that she would be able to handle Raven and the situation better then he could. And Hunter believed that whole heartily. But it didn't sit right with him or his wolf that neither of them were useful in this situation. On top of that the meeting with June and Caleb didn't go as planned. After Caleb had joined the pack officially, they sat down and discussed what they had learned and observed.

The fact that Jayson had let them get away without sending anyone after them. He was sure that Jayson went to check on Raven most likely just after they and left the house. If it were him, he would have sent all his warriors searching. Thanks to Caleb though they had a much better understanding of Jayson's pack grounds. So, they weren't totally working on outdated information.

Hunter placed his hands on his desk as he leaned forward. He needed to see Max. Needed to see Raven. They were the only people that would calm him at this point. Even his wolf needed to see them. Knowing that it would probably be a bad idea to be in the same room as them crossed his mind briefly, but the need was overpowering. He walked into the suite Max was still showing Raven around both looked to him as he entered. Max glowered at him while Raven watched him cautiously. He approached Max pulling her into his arms as he kissed her. Hunter pulled back to see Raven watching them with interest. Hunter would be the first to admit that it would have been better to have both his women in his arms. One step at a time.

Raven had kept her distance from them for the rest of the night. Only leaving her room to get something to eat or to use the bathroom. Hunter climbed into bed while Max was still changing, "It's strange."

"What?"

"The feelings that I have for her. They are the same ones that I have for you. But it doesn't make sense seeing as I just met her. Guess that would be the mate bond doing its work. Though looking at her appearance it does make sense on the women that I went for when we were at the club. Subconsciously I suppose that I had a feeling of what Raven would look like."

"I still can't believe that my parents never told me any of this." Max climbed into the bed and into his embrace as they got comfortable in bed. Both needed the skin-to-skin contact.

"Don't fret to much about it. She's ours." 

"Yes." 

The next morning Hunter got up slowly as to not wake Max. She always was a light sleeper. He left the room dressed in boxers and nothing more. Upon going out there he saw Raven moving about the kitchen. She tensed as soon as she caught his scent dropping whatever she was doing she headed back towards the guest room. As she passed him Hunter did something rash, he reached out and grabbed her arm.

"You're avoiding me. Why?"

Raven looked up at him her eyes glaring, "Let go of me." Her tone sent blood rushing to his cock. Seeing her in an authoritative stance and tone really turned him on.

"Answer my question and I will."

"Let me go and I'll answer your question." She said through gritted teeth. Reluctantly he did as she said. Knowing that if he didn't, they would just keep going back and forth.

"There. Now answer my question." He said crossing his arms looking down at her. Raven made a break for the guestroom, but Hunter was suspecting she would do something of the sort and pinned her against the wall. Her arms pinned above his head. Hunter leaned in close taking a deep breath, he could smell her desire for me. He let out a low growl.

"Damn, you smell delicious." He felt Raven shudder underneath him. Another wave hit him. He placed his lips on her neck sucking on her skin. Raven let out a moan as her body pressed closer to his. Both caught up in the moment. Hunter gently nipped at her skin as he moved both of her wrist into one of his hands allowing his other to travel down her body. Hunter enjoyed the feeling on his mate melting into his hold. Raven's body was different then Max's. Raven had a long torso, breasts that fit in his palm with hefty weight one that he hoped in the future he would get to experience more often. But like Max she was blessed with curves where she needed them. As soon as his hand moved to her ass, Raven seemed to snap out of the lustful haze.