Chapter Five

*this chapter and next one is R rated

LYRA
________

Alexander was an Alpha, for God's sake. He had to meet with other wolves. And for all I knew, that female could be someone he knew that was important to him.

Except, my wolf disagreed. She was going wild and wanted to dominate so she could rip that brunette's throat apart.

I watched with curious eyes as Alexander moved past the brunette, not sparing her a glance. Yet, the girl's eyes raked up and down his body as she watched him walk away. It really bothered me.

My wolf growled loudly, practically forcing me to let her shift, but I suppressed her. I knew my wolf very well now and I knew how to control her even in the craziest situations. If I let her dominate now, she would not waste another second before she would pounce on the brunette across the room.

When Alexander walked towards me, I snapped my eyes to him. He gave me a charming smile, proposing his pearl white teeth.

"Are we ready to call it a night yet?" he asked when he was in front of me, a devilish look in his eyes.

Before he could embrace me, I stopped him by speaking.

"Who was that?" I asked when I couldn't suppress the turmoil within me, and my wolf was partially responsible for that.

My mate frowned before arching a brow. "What do you mean?"

Biting my lip, I nodded towards the brunette in the corner, who was currently eyeing us curiously. "Over there."

Alexander didn't even turn his head, instead sighed lowly. He didn't question me any further before saying, "Her parents and mine go way back, that's all," he elaborated, quickly dismissing the topic. "That's not important but you know who is?"

My wolf was quickly distracted when Alexander snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me flush against him. His head nestled in my neck, inhaling my scent deeply.

"You," he murmured huskily, but before I could get excited, something caught me off guard.

I was taken aback when I smelled her scent on him, making me clench my jaw in frustration. I knew it was her scent because it was the same scent I had picked up when she barged in to my room.

Pulling back enough to glance up at my mate, I asked, "You sure she's just an old friend?"

His brows furrowed and something flashed in his eyes. "What?"

I shrugged, hating how self-conscious I must have appeared. I was a Luna, for crying out loud. I snarled at my wolf, blaming her for making me seem crazy. There were far worse problems than me being jealous over an irrelevant wolf that didn't even belong in my pack.

"Never mind," I told Alexander, before wrapping my arms around his waist and leaned closer to him.

My mate embraced me tightly, his chin resting on my head. "You're mine," he whispered sternly against my hair. "I love you and only you."

I bit my lip, realising he must have caught on to my craziness. I had never been jealous of other wolves, and realised how absurd this whole situation was.