Chapter Twelve

LYRA
________

Glaring at Alexander, I retorted, "That still doesn't explain who she is."

With that, I snatched out of his grip and strutted towards the closet to fetch clothes, not feeling particularly comfortable standing nude around my mate right in the midst of a heated argument.

My wolf whimpered, but stayed suppressed, not having much to say herself. I felt sorry for her more than I did for myself. I could only imagine what she was going through.

"Lyra," Alexander muttered lowly as he followed behind me to the closet.

"Leave me alone, Alexander," I growled, as I rushed to grab the first dress that my hand came in contact with in the closet. "I don't want to speak with you right now. I can hardly contain my anger."

I heard my mate inhale a sharp breath, but I ignored him as I pulled the dress over my head.

My heart had sunk to the bottom by this point, and I had to hold myself back from screaming out from the emotions coursing through my body. I had never felt this way.

Even when I had known Gabriel was sleeping around with Jasmine, that hadn't affected me the way this was. It wasn't rocket science. Alexander was my mate, of course, it would affect me more.

But how could he allow this to happen? Did I mean that little to him that he would allow a mere irrelevant she-wolf to touch him like that? Was she even a mere wolf? Because she certainly looked too comfortable with my mate, making me think otherwise.

No mere wolf had the audacity to approach the Alpha of a pack and attack him with a hug. The thought of the brunette being more than a mere wolf to my mate made me feel nauseous again.

When I felt Alexander's chest press up against my back and his arms snake around my waist, I shut my eyes tightly at the close proximity. Had this been any other time, I would have gotten excited, but knowing the reason for his closeness was because of what was going on, that made me pry my eyes open in fury.

Instinctively, I turned around and tried to push him away, but his grip on my waist only tightened. "Get off of me," I snapped.

When my mate wasn't budging at my attempts, I brought my hand up and slapped him, hard.

The last thing that I wanted right now was to be in his arms, where she had been.

Alexander dropped his grip on me, his head tilted to the side, giving me a clear view of his tensed jaw.

Anger was boiling inside of me, a slap was the least I could have done to him right now. Given, it probably made me look weak, but what else was I supposed to do in that moment? Accept what had happened and have him hold me?

Absolutely, not.

"I suppose you have every right to do that," Alexander commented, his voice angry. "I will let it pass this time because I am trying to understand how you must be feeling right now."

Scoffing, a couple of tears dropped from my eyes as I tried to hold back from attacking my own mate. He couldn't be serious right now.

"You will let it pass this time? You have got to be kidding me," I snarled in his face. "Do you even realise what you have done?"

My mate dipped his head in my direction and narrowed his eyes at me. "What I have done? You don't have the slightest clue what is happening."

"Oh, so now this is my fault," I retorted, angrily.