Chapter Thirty Five - Epilogue

LYRA
________

"Happy Birthday!"

I smiled adoringly at Ava, embracing her quickly. "Thank you, Ave."

The auburn haired girl pulled back, her gaze remaining on me. "So," she said, swallowing hard. "There is something that I need to tell you."

I raised a brow and placed my drink down on the table before turning back to her. "You're pregnant?" I joked.

My best friend scoffed. "As if," she replied, faking a shiver. "No, but seriously. Come sit down," she said, taking my hand in hers before she guided us to a table farthest from the rest of the party.

I frowned, glancing around at the party ahead as I took a seat beside Ava, feeling slightly concerned now.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused.

Ava cleared her throat. "Erm," she started saying, turning in her seat to face me. "So, you know how we haven't been apart for God knows how long now."

"Mhm," I agreed, raising a brow at her, not understanding what's going on.

"Well," she continued, fiddling with her hands. "I haven't really had time to explore much with Matteo."

I regarded her with curious eyes and awaited for her to get to the point.

Her brown eyes travelled back on me. "We want to leave for a couple of months to explore and have some fun," she declared, her eyes filled with worry.

Her words surprised me, and I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from telling her she couldn't. Who was I to stop her from exploring the world with her mate?

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

Ava's eyes lit up and she nodded quickly. "Once we get married, we will probably have pups straight after. I want to have fun with him alone before all that happens."

I nodded. "Fine," I agreed. "If it's what you both want, just try to keep out of other pack's territories."

The girl by my side gave me a wry smile before she flung her arms around me and embraced me tightly. I could tell she hadn't expected for me to agree right away, but again, it wasn't my place to tell her otherwise.

"I'm going to miss you, Lyra," she muttered, sighing. "But don't worry, I will be sure to annoy you at least once a day with updates."

I chuckled at her words and embraced her back. I would miss her a lot too, but I didn't want to stop her from living her life. She had to adjust to the new pack and territory because of me, the least that I could do for her was to cheer her on when she wanted to do something for herself.

Today was my birthday, and almost the whole pack were here. It had been almost six months since the incident with the pup, and I was definitely feeling much better.

The pack took care of me as if it was their job to, when in reality, I was their Luna. After picking myself up after the first month of mourning my lost pup, I promised to never let myself lose it again like that.

I had done well as their Luna until the incident with Alexander and his past problems that had stumped my growth, and had made me tumble backwards as the Luna.