Chapter Thirty Four

LYRA
________

"Alexander," I whispered, in pure shock.

A low growl escaped from his lips, he looked furious but absolutely torn.

His claws dug in to my waist, but I don't think he realised because his wolf was on edge and ready to dominate.

"She deserved it," he spat, anger visibly coursing through him. "She said some things about you that I could not forgive."

My brows rose in concern. I was the reason for the death of his mother, and I couldn't help but feel sad about it.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I embraced my mate tightly, feeling tears stroll down my face.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled in to his neck, now full on sobbing.

"Shh," Alexander cooed, stroking my back soothingly. "It was not your fault. She stopped being my mother after my father passed away, and what she did was unforgivable."

I continued to sob, hating what had happened to us, especially recently. Alexander's mother hadn't really been present in our lives at all, but to know she was completely gone and because he had killed her, that tore at my heartstrings.

We had just lost our pup only a week ago, and now he had lost his mother too. If I thought I was suffering, I couldn't even comprehend how Alexander must have been feeling.

"I promised you, I will not let anything or anyone hurt you again," he growled, huskily, in to my neck.

Alexander's hand gently stroked my hair, whilst the one around my waist pulled me impossibly closer to him.

"We have dealt with enough," he continued. "Enough is enough."

Closing my eyes tightly, I only nodded as I whimpered in to him, releasing all of the sad emotions that had piled up.

I don't think I would truly understand his relationship with his mother, but if he felt the need to kill her, then who was I to complain?

She hadn't been exactly welcoming, and she most definitely did not like me. I had known that since the first time that I met her, but I simply kept that to myself.

Alexander and I remained in the same position for an hour or so, before he picked me up bridal style and led us up the stairs to our bedroom.

He gently laid me on the bed, before he stripped out of his clothes and came to lay beside me.

Perhaps, it wasn't the best time, or maybe it was exactly what we needed, but I didn't stop him when he began peppering kisses over my torso.

The kisses weren't soft, but rough. In the past week, other than hugs, we hadn't really had any other form of physical touch, and I knew right in this moment, it was probably exactly what he needed.

Alexander didn't say a single word when he lifted me slightly and tugged my dress off of me.

His hands roamed over my breasts roughly, before he began kissing down at my mark, making me whimper in anticipation beneath him.