Chapter Eleven

LYRA
______

Before I could even think twice, my wolf had already charged in their direction.

Alexander must have finally felt my presence, because when he noticed, he pushed the brunette away and tried to attend to me.

Except, I was furious.

'Baby, don't. I can explain.'

Ignoring him, I advanced towards him at full speed, not appreciating how he was shielding that bitch from me. Instead of stopping once I was near him, I ended up pushing him aside by nudging him hard.

My mate was surprised, to say the least, but he didn't move much on impact, only enough for me to brush past him.

I thought I was going to get a chance at tearing the brunette's throat apart, when my mate shifted in to his wolf and had me pinned down.

He hovered above me, with his canines a couple of inches away from me.

As if that was going to make me back down, I growled at him.

'Alexander, move out of my damn way unless you want to get hurt.'

My mate snarled warningly, not appreciating the tone I used to speak with him. But I was furious. When I had doubted him, I had thought that I was crazy.

Except, I wasn't. The brunette was obviously interested in my man. Not to mention the stupid smirk on her ugly face, as if my attempt at attacking her was pure amusement to her.

'Lyra, it is not what you are thinking. You need to calm down.'

'I will kill you before I kill her if you don't move the hell out of my way.'

Alexander hardly had time to blink when I snarled and tore out of his grip. Being an Alpha's daughter had its advantages, and even though, Alexander was much stronger than me, I had power too.

I hardly managed to take a step before my mate stepped in front of me, snarling loudly, making my wolf cower back slightly. It wasn't because of fear, but out of respect for her mate.

I, on the other hand, was shocked. Why was he protecting her from my attack? Then it dawned on me that he had blocked me out for her.

I growled, ferociously.

'Baby, you have got to calm down.'

I was about to attempt another attack when my mate snarled loudly at the brunette hardly a few feet away from us. With that stupid smirk still plastered on her face, she glanced at my mate with lustful eyes, not taking me in to account whatsoever, before disappearing in to the woods.

It angered me that she had the audacity to roam around my pack and hit on my mate with no fear.

I watched with pained eyes as the bitch scurried away, feeling my heart sink deeper in to my chest when I caught Alexander's eyes linger on her until she vanished out of sight.

A single tear trailed down my face and before my mate could see my vulnerability, I darted away from the area.

'Lyra!'