Chapter Twenty Seven

ALEXANDER
_____________

Even in her sleep, my mate was breathtaking. The way her nose scrunched up at whatever she was dreaming about, the way her soft lips rested, the way her lashes appeared longer with her eyes closed.

I smiled in awe, wishing the situation we were in wasn't because of that psychopath from my past. It angered my wolf to think I was once a good friend of her family.

Stroking Lyra's hair out of her face, I bent my head down to gently kiss her forehead. If I had to fight a whole pack for her safety, I would do just that.

She wasn't aware, but I had brought her here after killing the five out of six rogues that had attacked. One of them had told me that Jessica was out to kill my mate, another had mentioned my mother, confusing the heck out of me.

It wouldn't completely surprise me if Jessica was after Lyra, but she was deluded if she thought I would allow her to step within a five metre radius of my mate.

I had brought Lyra here to spend time with her after the chaos that had unfolded, whilst also trying to decide what to do next.

The results would be flying in any minute, as I awaited for Adam to bring back the results from the doctor. My wolf was impatient and quite pissed off by this point, not appreciating how long the analysis was taking.

'Alpha.'

Adam's voice in my mind made me still my movement abruptly, and I glanced at my mate to ensure I hadn't woken her up.

'Hold on, Adam.'

Smoothly, I lifted myself off of the bed. Lyra stirred in her sleep, and I held my breath to ensure I hadn't woken her. When her eyes remained closed, I sighed softly before walking out of the bedroom.

I grabbed a pair of shorts from the walk-in closet in the other room, before I headed down the stairs.

'Go ahead.'

I stalked towards the kitchen, trying to block out the memories of my father in there, making coffee for himself as I approached the coffee machine, ready to do just that myself.

A smile fell on my lips as I recalled my father's stance on pups and caffeine. I wasn't sure why I didn't talk about him much, but I definitely missed the old man.

My mother had become incredibly distant after his death. The pack members had become my family, and of course, now, I had my Luna.

'The results are out.'

Picking up the cup of coffee that I managed to make in time, I urged Adam to tell me the news.

I didn't want to appear weak to my Luna, but the thought of sharing a pup with another she-wolf was almost sickening. And one, without my permission.

I couldn't remember a single damn thing from that night, and to know a pup had come out of it, that was making my wolf growl loudly.

'I'm sorry it took this long,' Adam told me.

I sighed loudly, rubbing at my temple with my free hand. This boy never learned his lesson.