Hogwarts

It's been about two months since you fought Grindelwald. You found out that the wedding was for Jacob and Queenie. You felt happy for them. It seemed like they really loved each other. You helped Albus teach defense against the dark arts. The kids loved you. Everyone (mostly the teachers) were on edge because Grindelwald was still alive. He could show up anytime. He could come to Hogwarts. All the teachers were praying he wouldn't. But the whole school was prepared if Grindelwald came. All the students would leave even if they were capable of fighting. You were standing in Albus' office with Albus and the teachers. You and the Hogwarts staff were planning what would happen if Grindelwald came again. You watched as they bent over a table and wrote things down. You listened to them talk and caught a few words and sentences.

"–Grindelwald was last here–"

"When I last saw him–"

"Where would the students go?"

"–how would they leave?"

"What should we do?"

You zoned out and stared out a window at the snow. You could see some students throwing snowballs at each other. You turned back to the group of teachers. They were still talking and putting little dots on a map of the school. These guys must be serious about this. Albus looked up at you and gave you a little smile before returning to the conversation.

"What will the kids think? Especially the oldest ones?"

"They'll probably complain and beg us to let them help in the fight."

"Yeah, it won't be happening. Grindelwald is too powerful. He's killed too many powerful wizards and witches over the ages."

"He can't kill any kids."

"He probably already has."

************

Classes had just finished and Albus found you standing under a tree outside.

"Relaxe y/n, it's almost the end of the term." Albus said cheerfully. "Then you'll be rid of teaching for the whole summer."

"More like for the rest of my life." You said. Albus raised his eyebrows. "I'm not good at teaching." You clarified. "And I don't want to teach. I'm only here because you want me here."

"The students love you." Albus said.

"They'll get me for the rest of the term." You told him. "Then, I'm leaving."

"Please don't leave, y/n." Albus said. "We need you, I need you. Please." This time you didn't give in.

"I'll leave at the end of the term, Albus." You said. "That's final." You left him speechless. You didn't regret a thing but you felt like you would. Soon.

************

The term ended and you were leaving.

"y/n, wait!" You looked behind you to see Albus running up behind you.

"What?" You asked. 

"Please reconsider leaving." He pleaded.

"I have been ever since the end of term." You said. "I've made up my mind." Albus nodded sadly.

"Visit sometime?" He asked.

"I always do." You smiled.

************

Jacob and Queenie invited you to their anniversary. You couldn't believe it a year since that night. You instantly accepted. They said it would be held at Jacob's bakery. You were running late and decided to apparate outside of Jacob's bakery. When you appeared the group was standing outside. Jacob jumped when you popped out of thin air.

"Ah, y/n, you're here!" Queenie exclaimed happily. "We're still waiting for professor Dumbledore to arrive. Newt said he doesn't usually show up this late." You smiled and nodded.

"How was he, the last time you saw him?" Newt asked you.

"He was fine." You replied honestly. Albus popped into appearance next to you.

"Sorry I'm late everyone." He said. "Hogwarts was a mess today. There was a Grindelwald sitting near there." He shook Jacob's hand and said congratulations to both Jacob and Queenie. Queenie thanked him and hugged him.

"It's good to see you, Professor Dumbledore." She said. "It's been so long!"

"Indeed it has." Albus said, smiling. "Indeed it has."