Disrupted Reunions

Everyone was laughing and enjoying their time. Jacob was drunk and his face was flushed red. He was cracking jokes constantly and sometimes repeated the jokes from earlier. You saw Newt eyeing Tina. Tina worked at the ministry and was a friend of everyone there. Does he like her? Yeah, he definitely likes her. You smiled. Jacob cracked a joke that he had told about like 10 times already that night. You felt Albus' eyes on you and looked at him. He smiled and you smiled back. Jacob drunkenly walked up to both of you and bowed.

"I present," He slurred. "Two of the best people who can do magic." He turned. "Besides everyone else here." He raised his glass. "I propose a toast to being able to to magic!" Everyone cheered and raised their glasses. You looked outside and saw a dark figure standing just out of the light from the bakery. You poked Albus and pointed at the figure. He met your eyes. Grindelwald They echoed.

"Are you sure?" You mouthed. He nodded.

"Yes." He mouthed back. "I'm sure." He turned back to the group and said; "Me and y/n are going to get some air." The group nodded and Albus led you outside towards the figure. He was right. It was Grindelwald. "What are you doing here Grindelwald?" Albus asked. Grindelwald smiled.

"I wanted to join in on the festivities of course." He said. "What did you think Albus? That I would come to destroy a little muggle bakery with the people who had beaten me in it? I'm not that evil."

"What game are you playing Grindelwald?" Albus asked.

"Oh, I'm not playing any games Albus." Grindelwald said calmly. "I'm not lying." He turned to you. "Ah, Albus' friend. What was your name? y/n was it?"

"Don't talk to her." Albus hissed.

"I can talk to whoever I please." Grindelwald said. Is he telling the truth? You thought. Then you saw it. A glint of something. Anger. And... hatred. Nope. He's not telling the truth. But still, you were unsure whether he was lying or not. Grindelwald caressed your cheek and you flinched away. "Such a pretty witch." He said, turning to Albus. "I wonder why you haven't told her how you feel." You looked at Albus. He looked between you and Grindelwald.

"Get out of here." Albus ordered Grindelwald. "Now." Grindelwald apparated away. When you looked back at Albus' face it was stone.

"Albus..."

"Let's get back to the party." Albus didn't look at you. He led you quietly back into Jacob's bakery.

"Is Dumbledore okay?" Newt asked you. You shrugged.

"We went outside to get some air and he was fine but when we came back in he's like this." You said. Newt looked worried.

"I've never seen him like this before." He said. "He's not talking to anyone."

"I know." You said. "Strange."

************

The anniversary party ended roughly around midnight and everyone was exhausted. Albus was still not talking to you. Was it something Grindelwald had said? Probably."

Grindelwald caressed your cheek and you flinched away. "Such a pretty witch." He said, turning to Albus. "I wonder why you haven't told her how you feel."

You stopped. I wonder why you haven't told her how you feel. What the? Did Albus... like you? Everyone was apparating away. You stepped forward, turned, and apparated away from Jacob's bakery. You appeared a couple of blocks away from the bakery. You sighed and leaned against the wall. Does Albus really like me? You pushed off the wall and began walking across the snow covered sidewalk.

"y/n, wait." You stopped and looked behind you. "I want to talk to you." Albus said.

"What is it Albus?" You asked.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you after we saw Grindelwald." Albus confessed. "I don't know what I was thinking. I should have at least talked to you." Albus looked down at his feet.

"What did Grindelwald mean by 'I wonder why you haven't told her how you feel'?" You asked. Albus looked up. "Albus?"

"Um... this is hard to explain..."

"Just say it Albus." You said. Albus looked down again and then back up at you.

"y/n..."

"What is it Albus?" You asked.

"I love you y/n."