The end?

Madam Pomhrey insisted on checking to see if you were hurt. You didn't complain. After all, you did just die.

"How are you feeling?" Albus asked you.

"Okay." You said. "How about you?"

"Still a little shaken up." He said.

"Sorry."

"It's not your fault. You tried to save my life."

"And I did." You smirked. "You're welcome." Albus rolled his eyes. "How are the others?" You asked. "Have they contacted you at all?"

"No." Albus said. "I'll be the one to contact them if anything happens."

"It probably won't." You said. "Grindelwald's dead."

"Don't underestimate that man y/n." Albus said. "He has so many tricks up his sleeve."

"Queenie and Jacob's anniversary is in a couple days." You said.

"It's already been two years?!" Albus said. "Dang, sometimes time flys."

************

The anniversary was here. You and Albus had both gotten the invitation. They were having it at Jacob's bakery, like last year. But, unlike last year, Grindelwald wouldn't show up. Unlike last year, Albus wouldn't block you out. And, unlike last year, you wouldn't have died.

************

"y/n! Dumbledore!" Newt called over. "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too!" You called back. You saw he was arm-in-arm with Tina. You grinned and followed them inside.

"You're here!" Queenie exclaimed.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Tina said. "You're our friend!" You looked out the window. Just in case. Just in case it would all happen again. But it didn't. No one was there.

"I can't believe it's been two years." Newt said.

"I know!" Queenie said. "It feels like yesterday!"

************

Everyone was having a good time. You guys had just had cake and Jacob, like last year, was drunk. And, like last year, he was cracking jokes. As best he could.

"So," Newt said. "How's Hogwarts?"

"It's good." Albus said. "It didn't take any damage when Grindelwald attacked and no one died."

"That's good." Newt said. "I wonder if Grindelwald's still alive." You and Albus exchanged looks. "Do you two know something?" Newt asked.

"Well... um..." You began. "This is going to be hard to explain." The others leaned forward. "Albus killed Grindelwald. He sent him flying off a mountain." The group looked shocked.

"Oh, don't forget that you died." Albus said.

"Oh yeah, I died." You said. "Some weird thing happened then poof, I was alive."

"So..." Jacob began. "Grindelwald's dead? For good?" You and Albus exchanged looks again.

"I don't know." Albus said. "Grindelwald could have used magic to survive the fall."

"We'll just have to wait and see." You said.

"But... what if Grindelwald's dead?" Jacob asked .

"Then I guess it'll be the end." Tina said

"The end?" Jacob said.

"The end." Newt nodded.

"Wow. I didn't think this would actually end." Jacob looked around.

"Neither did I." Albus said. "But it had to end. Somehow."

"Well." Newt said, getting up. "I have to go."

"So do I." Tina said.

"We should go too." Albus said. You all stood up.

"See you next year?" You said.

"See you next year." The room echoed.

The end