His return

"W-what?" You stuttered, caught off guard. Albus looked down at his feet, clearly embarrassed. He-he likes me? You thought. Albus turned around to leave but you grabbed his hand. "Wait!" Albus looked back at you.

"What?" He asked. You could tell he wanted to get out of here as fast as possible.

"Albus... I..." He understood.

************

You were visiting Hogwarts when the news came. Albus came running into the room you were in with the newest issue of The Daily Prophet clutched in his hand.

"y/n..." He panted. "You have to see this..."

"What is it?" You grabbed the newspaper from his hand and instantly saw a moving image of Grindelwald on the front page. You began to read.

Today, precisely at 5:00 in the morning there have been sightings of dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald near Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.Does this mean the return of the dark wizard Grindelwald who was defeated last year on election day? No one knows. Will Grindelwald's first strike be on the wizarding school of Hogwarts? Again, no one knows. But everyone is ready for the worst. But with Grindelwald, no one can expect anything.

The newspaper fell out of your hand.

"Do you think he'll come here?" Albus asked.

"I don't know." You said. "He's unpredictable." Albus looked really worried as he re-read the newspaper. Minerva bursted into the room.

"Albus!" She exclaimed. "You wouldn't believe what I just read in The Daily Prophet!"

"I've already read it Minerva." Albus said, raising his hand to silence the teacher.

"Do you think he'll come here? To the school?" Minerva asked.

"He's unpredictable." Albus repeated you. "We don't know if he'll come, when he'll come, or if he'll go anywhere." Minerva looked scared. No, that wasn't the right word. It's more like petrified. Yeah, Minerva was petrified. And as pale as a skeleton.

"What will we do?" She asked. "He hasn't attacked the school before but I feel like this time he will!"

"He won't attack the school, Minerva." Albus reassured her. "And if he does, we'll be ready. I've already sent letters to all the student's parents explaining the situation." 

"But we could be outnumbered." You said. "We only have like 10 teachers here! They could have dozens of wizards and witches."

"We can do this." Albus said. "I'm sure of it."

************

You were standing on top of the highest tower. You were on watch duty. There were about three other teachers posted around the school in case Grindelwald came. You were the one to give the signal in case he came. And you would see him. You felt someone walk up behind you. It was Albus.

"How's watch duty?" He asked, coming to stand next to you.

"Good so far." You said. "I haven't seen him yet."

"That's good." Albus said. He squeezed your hand. "Are you okay y/n? You've taken up watch duty every day."

"I'm fine." You said. "I just don't want him to come here."

"None of us do." Albus said.

"How are the traps?" You asked.

"The rest of the teachers and the students are setting them up." Albus said. You looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. You realized your faces were inches apart. Albus leaned in and kissed you. "I'll come check on you before dark." He said. 

"See you then." You watched Albus head back down to the school then you looked out around the school. "See you then." You repeat to yourself.

************

Dumbledore's pov

I was heading up to check in on y/n when I saw it.