Will the war ever end

Dream

You were standing in front of a graveyard. You walked through the gates and looked around. The graveyard was no longer there. You were standing in the courtyard of Grindelwald's base. Grindelwald was standing in front of you. Queenie was there. So was Credence. You yelled out their names but no sound came out of your mouth. Then you saw Albus. He was walking up to Grindelwald.

"Ah, Albus." Grindelwald said calmly. "Glad you could join us."

"ALBUS!" You tried to scream. "DON'T!" But no one heard you. You couldn't move. "ALBUS!"

"Why are you here?" Credence asked.

"Let me handle this Credence." Grindelwald said. "Queenie, take Credence inside." Queenie obeyed. Once they were inside and the door was closed there was a flash of green light. Albus was dead. And you couldn't do anything about it.

End of dream

You gasped awake. You looked around but couldn't find Albus. You cursed. What if he went?! You quickly got changed and ran out of the Hogwarts boundary so you could apparate. And when you appeared Albus was there, standing in front of Grindelwald. This time Queenie and Crededence weren't there.

"You said you came alone." Grindelwald said. Albus looked back at you.

"Go back to Hogwarts y/n." You didn't go. "NOW!" Your eyes widened as Grindelwald raised his wand at the distracted Albus. You wiped out your wand and sent him flying back.The killing curse missed Albus but went flying towards you. You tried to block it but missed. "NO!" Albus shouted. The killing curse hit you in the stomach and you fell back. Lifeless. "y/n!"

You opened your eyes to see white. You sat up and looked around. No one was there. You jumped up and still looked around. Where am I? You thought. What is this place?"

"Ah. You're here." You whirled around and saw a man standing in front of you.

"Who are you?" You demanded. "Where am I?"

"Who I am isn't important." The man said. "What's important is we've been expecting you. Welcome y/n, to the place before death."

Dumbledore's pov

"y/n!" I yelled as y/n fell to the ground. I knew there was nothing I could do. Angry tears spilled out of my eyes.

"It could have been you Albus." Grindelwald said. "It could have been you instead of her." I wiped out my wand and blasted Grindelwald back. Bricks converged around him, covering him.

"I. Hate. You." I choked out.

"Hate's a strong word Albus." Grindelwald said.

"And yet it's the truth." I sent Grindelwald off the mountain.

Your pov

"So, I'm dead." You said.

"Why wouldn't you be? Gellert Grindelwald hit you with the killing curse." The man said. "Follow me. You need to be tested."

"Tested?" You asked, following the strange man. "What's the test?"

"If you would go to the land of the dead or become living again." The man stopped in front of a pair of milk white doors that you estimated to be way over ten feet. He opened the doors and you followed him through.

"y/n. There you are." Someone you couldn't find said. "How do you feel?"

"I feel dead." You said.

"Are you ready for the test?"

"Yes." You said. "Let's get this over with." Tiny white rubber tubes escaped the walls and connected with your body. You cringed as some sort of liquid poured into your body. After what seemed like an eternity the liquid stopped coming and the tubes retreated to the walls. An eternity later the voice came back.

"We have decided." It said. "You will live."

You gasped and sat up, almost bonking heads with Albus.

"y-y/n...?" He said. "How?"

"Where's Grindelwald?" You asked.

"He's dead." Albus said. "I threw him off the mountain." You looked at him. "What?"

"That is unlike you." You said. Albus grinned.

"It is." He said. You wiped the tears off his face. "I–I thought you died."

"I did." You said. "But now, strangely, I'm alive."