{ikigai}

"Moriko... That's a pretty name.." I said smiling at the person, with a soft expression.

"Why thank you!" They took a short curtsy.

"Could you tell me about the life note?"  The person scratched the back of their neck as I
said that. Uh oh...

"The life note is the opposite version to a note book called the death note, the one kira uses to kill." I paused thinking of what moriko just said.

"... Kira? As in the criminal killer?"

She nodded.

"You have the opposite power, you can now extend the live of anyone you choose, you also have the power to use the eyes of a goddess such as myself to see peoples names, I place good power In you to extend people's lives and create joy and spread life."  Moriko said smiling softly.

I nod and bowed slightly.

"I vow to spread life and bring a new Hope to this world, one Kira could never outshine."

Moriko followed me everywhere from that point on... Weird.

Although I didn't mind having a goddess around, she made me seem crazy from time to time.

I wrote names of people, around this time I wrote only the names of cops in the area that would be working with Kira.

That way.. Even if Kira wrote a name in his so called death note, he wouldn't make a dent on the persons life span.

I was going to go by a name as well.. I thought that would be the smartest.

One that would intimidate Kira.

Seeing as the name kira means killer...

Ikigai.

My name is ikigai...

(FLASHBACK)

"Y/N look at your mama, did you know she's your ikigai?" Little five year old y/n looked up at her dad confused at the word.

"It means reason for your being, she's the reason your her n/n!" Her father grasped the little girls hands and smiled softly at her, while looking at the picture of her mama in the hospital before y/n was born.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

I am the reason for your being cops.... I SHALL LET YOU LIVE.

I paused, I closed the notebook.

I needed a break anyway.

I opened the bedroom door and closed it, turns out mori can phase through objects,  so I'm not really worried about her.

So y/f/n has visited her daily amount of three or more times a day.

Roger had to give y/f/n a schedule of when she could and couldn't come.

My birthday is coming up soon, everyone's making a big deal out of it... Yet they won't tell me why.

Some kids who didn't even know I existed now whisper about me and act like me turning fourteen.