{birthday}

I wake up, in my f/c pajamas and messy hair.

I look around and look at some outfits to choose for my birthday.

(08

(08.)

I walk outside to be greeted by the white haired boy, who told me to formally address him as 'N' and nothing else.

"Happy birthday, you survived another year, joy." He said his words laced with sarcasm as his fingers coiled around his wavy cloud colored hair.

His dark eyes met mine as he turned away, an emotionless look on his face.

He's kind off odd, but if my deduction skills are correct, he's happier then I am right now.

I looked to see Mello, he wore a white jacket on top of a black tank top, he also wore jeans.

I saw that Matt was wearing a red and black stripped sweater, one that was a little too big for him.

I guess it was one of those 'I'll grow into it' situations.

A notification buzzed on my flip phone, I flipped it open to see a news notification.

"Savior ikigai neck and neck with kira." It read in bold words, along with a click me which lead to an article.

I flipped it close and watched as some other kids gathered around.

"What're we doing?" I asked questioning the other kids sanity at this point, and my own sanity of course.

Seems like I've already gone crazy .

"Oh, just waiting for Roger to come and then you'll get to meet.....-" Matt's mouth was then covered by N's hand.

"The guest, you'll meet the guest, they've been wanting to talk to you for a while,  but decided your birthday was the best time to do it." N said like it was a fact.

I smiled at N Softly and nodded.

(THIRD PERSON)

near seemed to blush at y/n, what was this feeling inside of his chest?

Somehow it hurt so bad, but felt so good when y/n smiled.

(YOU)

after a few minutes I was pulled into a room, seeing a man with black hair, black eyes, and dark eye circles, he had pale skin.

He sat in an odd way, but I was sure it had something to do with his intellectual power.

He wore a white baggy shirt, baggy blue jeans, and no shoes OR socks.

"Hello." He looks right into my eyes, while motioning for me to sit down.

"Hi, it's nice meeting you I'm y-" I was interrupted by the man.

"Y/n l/n, do you know what we're here to talk about?" He asked me and I shook my head no.

"First let's start off with something you'll care about.." He pauses..

"I'm here for two reasons, one being that when you turn the age of fourteen your eligible to get your own letter, I'm sure you aware of the letters." I look at him and put two together.

Moriko looked at him and told me his name.

"Your L Lawtliet, your the one everyone calls l,  correct?" He seemed stunned when I said his name although calmed himself down.

"Yes that is correct, although id prefer you call me ryuzaki." I nodded and silently added that to alias checkbook.

"Now, second thing, you are the savior known as ikigai." He states, almost as if he knows for certain.

I hesitantly nod.

"Thank you, my force have saved themselves more times then many, but now it seems as nothing could touch them." He states.

"And, to clarify... You are against Kira?" He asked me and it made my blood boil.

Somehow I knew Kira was responsible for killing my parents... I will find out why and I will kill him!

"Of course I am, I shall try and save every cop and or detective that Kira even looks at." I say ending it with a forced smile.

I grabbed a page that was tore from the notebook and wrote down

'L Lawtliet will live when his name is written' I jot down the words quickly, in messy but readable writing.

We walked out slowly, the notebook page hidden in my bag.

Everyone smiled at the sight of l, greeting him formally, with a slight bow.

I saw N slightly bow as well, and I elbowed him.

"Pst, suck up." I say just loud enough for N to hear.

"as you all know, today is the day y/n l/n will earn her letter!" L or ryuzaki as he wants me to call him, clasped his hands together loud enough to silence the whispers.

"But first, birthdays here don't go unnoticed."  He said while grabbing a gift bag and handing it to me.

He nods, as if permission to open it.

I look inside and see a bunch of sweets.

My eyes gleamed at the sight, OH MY GOD HE'S AMAZING-

I smiled at him tears threatening to pool out of my eyes from happiness.

I stopped myself from crying, the room got silent.

"For those awaiting miss l/n's letter, it is.... 'I'!" whispers surrounded as my name didn't begin with an 'i', so obviously people we're curious.

"The I stands for her middle name, which is classified." Ryuzaki lied to everyone, probably to get them off my back.

The day went on as normal, food at twelve for lunch, after that we went out side, then we could stay in our rooms or do as we pleased with other kids.

The only difference is moriko stayed around L The whole time, moriko watched him closely, I see she was trying to understand how he had such well deduction skills.

I must admit, I do wonder this myself, although I've come up with a conclusion....

L's deduction skills are natural, although he did a few things to make himself smarter.

Such as making his body accustom to the way he sits, he sits like that because it doesn't reduce brain power, but it would do a toll on his body, so he had to have done it until his body adapted to it...

L lawtliet we will be allies.