Chapter 16: Battle of the Legends!

The man in front of them ripped his veil and hat off his head, revealing a face most people didn't realize.

Auburn hair. Dark eyes. Stern expression.

Black jacket under the Kazekage cloak.

Yep, definitely the Fourth Kazekage under the camouflage.

Creepy silence ensued.

"Well, that's... embarrassing," Sarutobi said awkwardly.

"No, sensei."

Jiraiya landed next to his teacher. The Sannin's hostility didn't change, and both the Great Toad Sages on his shoulders also shared the same expression on their faces.

"That is indeed the Fourth Kazekage. But look at his face."

Sarutobi looked, and realized. That face was of the Kazekage, he knew it, but there was something different. The skin was paler and grayer than he remembered it to be, and it was full of cracks.

"So, he was dead after all, and was revived with the Impure World Reincarnation... How low could you be, Orochimaru?"

Orochimaru crawled out of the ground while laughing creepily like a snake. He stuck his hand into the back of the Kazekage's head, and immediately, the eyes of the corpse lost all of their life.

"Kukuku... so you saw through my jutsu, Sarutobi-sensei. You definitely live up to the title God of Shinobi."

"Orochimaru..."

From behind the Hokage, Jiraiya growled and started to leap at his old teammate, but the arm of Hiruzen raised in front of him stopped him on his track.

"What is your purpose, Orochimaru?" the old Hokage asked in a sharp voice. "Trying an attack right in the middle of Konoha like this... when all the best shinobi of the village are gathering here... Are you trying to suicide?"

"Suicide?" the snake man laughed. "You're overestimating yourself too much, sensei. Do you really think I'm here without any preparation? After all... the reason I'm here today is to kill you, and to erase Konoha from the map!"

"Hey jiji, Pervy Sage!" From the center of the arena, the voice of Naruto echoed through the air. "What the heck is going on here?"

Then the boy saw Orochimaru. "Ah! You're that gay pedophile who tried to take Sasuke's virginity in the forest!"

Silence again.

Many men in the stadium, including Kakashi, made gags of disgust.

From the contestant's box, everyone turned to look at Sasuke.

"If you continue looking at me like that, I'll kill all of you," grumbled the Uchiha.

"Damn it!" protested Orochimaru, who was now fuming in rage. "I told you I'm not a gay pedophile! I just want his body!"

"Case in point; objection overruled," Naruto deadpanned.

"...I can't believe you would even stoop to the level of a rapist, Orochimaru," Hiruzen and Jiraiya facepalmed.

"Oh come on!"

Had there not been a war going on, it would have been rather funny to see Orochimaru stomping his feet on the ground like a pouting kid while explosions and screams were echoing behind him.

"What's happening, Baki-sensei?" From a far corner of the stand, Kankuro whispered.

Baki grimaced. As the Jonin Commander of Sunagakure, he was entrusted with the role of the commander for all Sunagakure force during the invasion. Of course he knew Orochimaru and Otogakure were going to work together with them during the operation.