Chapter 31: Return Once More!

It was a very beautiful day in Konohagakure. The sun wasn't too bright, but was still more than enough to bathe the whole village in her warm, vivid light. Sometimes, a light breeze swept through the air, bringing the aroma and petals of sakura blossom across the streets. An ideal weather for an outdoor picnic or hanging out at the park.

But everything was just trivial to Sakura Haruno.

Since after Naruto's departure, Sakura had buried herself in studying and training with her new master, Tsunade. And in just the time of one year, she had become the youngest qualified medic of Konohagakure during the last twenty years, and was the most promising candidate for the position of Head Medic after Tsunade retired in a few more years.

The young girl walked out of the operation room, wiping her forehead with the sleeve of her blouse. The surgery today had been a very serious case; had the patient arrived at the hospital just one hour later, he would have died from blood loss.

"That's enough for today, Sakura. You can go home and get a rest."

At the corner of her eyes, she saw Tsunade coming toward her with a smile. She answered with a tired smile of her own.

"It's all right, Master... I still have more than enough energy to work until my shift ends..."

Tsunade shook her head. "I said enough is enough, Sakura. Besides, you already forgot what day today is?"

Sakura blinked, confused. And then she remembered.

"Ah! Naruto and Fuu are supposed to be home today!"

"It's been three years already, eh? I really miss my friends!"

"Heheh... but this place still hasn't changed a bit! I want ramen!"

"Seriously, you brats..."

The three figures wearing straw hats stopped in front of the gate leading into Konoha. The gatekeepers, Izumo and Kotetsu, were immediately alarmed.

"Halt! Who are you, and what reason are you going to Konoha for...? Wait... you are..."

"Seriously, you guys," the younger man among them chuckled and reached for his hat, "you can forget even someone like me?"

The hat was thrown to the sky, and he disappeared.

A pair of feet landed on top of the tallest electric pole of the market venue of Konohagakure.

"GOOD DAY, KONOHA! NARUTO UZUMAKI IS BACK!"

"Damn, I'm hungry. I really need some ramen right now."

Jiraiya, walking next to Naruto, scowled. "Seriously? Is the only thing you care about in Konoha ramen, Naruto?"

Fuu, walking next to them, raised her hand helpfully. "I want ramen too."

The Toad Sage facepalmed. "What the hell have I taught them in the last three years...?"

The three had just arrived in front of Naruto's beloved Ichiraku Ramen. The blonde jinchuriki flipped the curtain up and walked into the shop.

"Hey old man! I'm back! Hope you haven't forgotten what I like to eat!"

Teuchi looked up from the counter, and a smile immediately bloomed on his face.

"Ah! Naruto! And Fuu too! Finally back, eh?"

"Yeah!" Naruto answered enthusiastically, jumping on a stool. "Some ramen, please, old man! Anything! Three years not allowed to eat your ramen is too much for me already!"

The ramen chef laughed when Fuu and Jiraiya settled themselves on their own stools. "Of course, of course! There is no way I can forget what you like to eat! Everything will be ready in a few minutes!"