Chapter 30: For our Future

"What the hell is going on?!" Tsunade yelled, startled by the sudden quake. She hastily opened her window and jumped outside, completely forgetting about Danzo in front of her.

Outside, she was met by the sight of Gamaken, with Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Itachi, Sasuke and an unconscious, armless Naruto on Jiraiya's hands. She exclaimed in horror.

"My God! What the hell happened to you?"

"You can take care of us later, princess!" Jiraiya answered her by screaming back. "Naruto hasn't eaten for four days; he's in a very dangerous condition right now! We did give him a dose of glucagon, but he won't be able to hold it if you don't do anything soon!"

Tsunade's eyes widened. She turned and barked into the air. "ANBU! Go to the hospital and tell them to prepare the emergency protocol immediately!"

Then she turned back to the newly arrived shinobi, and only now did she realize who was among them. She snarled.

"You..."

"Tsunade!" Hiruzen quickly intervened. "Let's get Naruto to the hospital first! He's in danger, remember?"

Hearing that, Tsunade reluctantly turned away, but not before throwing back another growl.

"Just remember, we're not done with this yet. Don't you dare running away."

Then she leapt away toward the hospital, with Jiraiya right after her, still holding Naruto on his hands. Gamaken also disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving the Hokage and the two Uchiha in the middle of the street where they had arrived.

An awkward silence lingered in the air.

"Let's follow them, Itachi," Finally, Sasuke patted his brother's arm.

No one noticed a single eye looking down from the window of the Hokage office.

"Naruto's condition was stabilized. He has escaped danger, but he will have to stay here for a few days for further observation. And what the hell happened with his arms?" Tsunade demanded upon walking out of the emergency room.

"That would be because of the leader of the Akatsuki," Jiraiya said. "Do you remember the three orphans I took up in Amegakure? Well, after I left, they went and formed the Akatsuki, and Nagato somehow became the leader, which is known as Pain, and..."

Tsunade clicked her tongue. "I told you those kids were bad news..."

Jiraiya shook his head. "Actually, they become like today partially because of that bastard Danzo. Nagato himself told us about that; he said that Danzo was the reason why the Akatsuki was born with the current purpose..."

Tsunade's eyes widened. "So that's why that letter exists..."

Hiruzen, standing next to them, blinked. "What letter?"

Tsunade showed him the letter addressed to Danzo from Salamander Hanzo. The Hokage's eyes darkened when he finished reading the letter.

"Danzo has gone too far this time."

Tsunade nodded. "Yes. And if this action of his leads to another Shinobi World War... Before your arrival, I was going to issue a sanction against him by taking over ROOT, but..."

Tsunade was interrupted when Itachi and Sasuke walked into the corridor.

"What do you want now?" she barked rather harshly at Itachi's face, making Sasuke next to him wince.

"I'm here to give you this," he took out a scroll from his pouch. "This scroll contains Naruto-kun's left arm which I managed to salvage from Pain. I couldn't recover the other one, so..."