Chapter 24: Wake Up!

"...I'm bored."

"Ugh, this is the 279th time you have said it today already, Izumo."

"What else can I say? This job is really the worst a chuunin could ever have!"

It was another average day in Konohagakure. It's worth mentioning that all the damages coming from the invasion of Otogakure were fixed rather quickly thanks to the help of Sunagakure and Kirigakure, and now, all the activities of Konohagakure had returned to normal.

And that also meant the gate guarding job had returned to the most boring job in the universe, too.

Poor Izumo and Kotetsu. They were the only (stupid) ones who had dared to stay at the Hokage's chamber when he announced that he needed two chuunin to guard the gate. And just look at how it came back to bite them in the ass now.

"I should have known Hokage-sama was such a troll," Kotetsu said grumpily.

"Oh, now you realize it, huh?" Izumo snarked.

The banter of the two shinobi was suddenly interrupted by a loud yell into the earphone Izumo was wearing.

'Izumo! Kotetsu! This is the Barrier Team! There is a group of people with incredible chakra coming toward your position! The estimated level of chakra... it is Tailed Beast level! Prepare to engage!'

What the fuck...?!

"Invasion?!" Kotetsu exclaimed in shock. "Impossible! There is no notice from the border of any people with that much power...!"

"Worry about that later!" Izumo yelled, and brandished his weapon, a pair of giant kunai designed specifically for him. "No matter what might happen, we cannot let them into the village!"

"Cannot let whom into the village, Izumo?"

The two chuunin snapped their heads back upon hearing the familiar voice.

"Hokage-sama!"

"Look clearly to see who are coming first, you two," Hiruzen Sarutobi said pleasantly, and pointed at the direction the group of people was arriving from. The two chuunin followed his finger, and gasped.

"No way... That is...!"

The Hokage smiled. "Welcome back, Team 7. It seems your mission was a success."

"What happened to her?" Hiruzen raised an eyebrow when he saw Tsunade sulking at a corner of his office. Jiraiya shrugged.

"Well, obviously because of you. You're much younger than you're supposed to be, so..."

Everyone sweatdropped, and Tsunade sulked even more. Ones with good ears could hear her mumbling in her breath something sounded suspiciously like "no fair" and "grandpa is a jerk" and so.

"Well," the Hokage coughed, "anyway, now that everything was settled, let's get to business," He turned to Fuu. "So, miss... uh..."

"Uhm... m-my name is Fuu, s-sir," Fuu gulped. Being in front of such a great figure of power was a completely new experience for her.

Hiruzen smiled. "Don't be so tense, Fuu-san. It's not like I'm going to kill you or anything. After all, Jiraiya had already told me a few things about you. Welcome to Konohagakure. We will prepare your accommodation soon. Now, Naruto, why don't you and your team show her around Konoha? As for you, Tsunade and Shizune, the Senju clan estate is always ready for the two of you. And please get ready for your job as soon as possible, there are many patients in need of your help."

"All right," the Senju woman yawned. "The Hyuuga girl first, huh? Better get going to prepare, Shizune. It's been a long time since I last stepped foot into the house anyway."