Stranger Danger

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

Before the story progresses, I would like to convey to the readers that It's a slow burn story. Every fictional story demands some space and time to properly develop itself. Even though it's not real life yet fictional universes have their own Physics.

This is not a going to be fast paced story where anything happens without proper logic or reason. Characters needs motive behind their actions, and every action has its own consequences.

But Hey! All good stories take some time to be told. So go take some hot coffee, get comfortable and cozy and enjoy this journey.
You guys are awesome 😎😎 Love love love 💕💕💕

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

In the dim light of lamp she saw him. His face was... Handsome? Yet there was a faint but distinct scar starting from just above his eyebrows barely escaping his eyes and a extended a little below eyes.

 Handsome? Yet there was a faint but distinct scar starting from just above his eyebrows barely escaping his eyes and a extended a little below eyes

His black shirt was folded three quarters and he was bleeding just below his right arm elbow. Whether it was a deep cut from a sharp object or a tear from bullet. But the wound was deep.

Few minutes passed, there was a deadly silence in the room. He was staring at her and ready to shoot her on a slight movement. She was frozen in her place. Only rain was drumming it's fingers on her tinshed roof.

Suddenly two vehicles came and stopped screeching in Gully outside her house. Those were police vehicles, she could tell by siren.

Suddenly he became alert, slowly he backed few steps and felt the door by his hand, whether it was locked or not. His eyes still fixed on her. With revolver he gestured her towards window.
With trembling feet she went towards the window and removed the curtain a bit and peeked down.

Almost ten policemen came out of their vehicles and spread in whole gully and started knocking every door. Her father opened front door and officer said - ' I am Vijay Bisht, SP City' ( superintendent of Police).
Her father folded hands 'Greetings Sir, what's wrong?'

'There was a gang fight going on crossroad ahead. When we reached there they ran away. Some goons were on foot. We suspect some might have come in this locality as well. Have you seen anyone?'

'Goons? Gangwar? Here in this locality? This has never happened. No sir, we didn't hear anything. If anyone would have come, someone in the locality must have called for help.' Her father replied.

'Yes, these scums now have not spared this town as well, making every peaceful town a warzone.' Vijay Sir was disappointed. He was standing in pouring rain. Suddenly he looked up and said ' why is there light on your first floor?'

Priya was feeling a constant gaze almost burning on her back. She knew she was under target and her slight mistake can end her life then and there.

'Must be my elder daughter, sir. She might be studying. She usually studies till late.'. Her father replied with worry in his voice.

Vijay sir looked above and saw Priya peeking through the curtain. Little did he knew what was behind her. He hesitated for few seconds and said - ' Ok, if you suspect anything, just dial 100'
'Sure sir, I will make sure I will stay awake Tonight and let you know if anything goes wrong' her father folded his hands again and bowed a little.

'Hmm' Vijay sir looked towards other policemen who also came empty handed. They all sat inside their vehicles and drove by. Their vehicles took right turn at end of gully and disappeared. The sirens kept fading away.

She turned to face him again. He has kept his wounded hand on his thighs but revolver was still pointing towards her. Few more minutes passed.

'You.. you are bleeding' Her voice trembled.

Priya's POV

Have you lost your mind? Are you trying to get killed. My Brain scolded me on speaking spontaneously without thinking. He arched his eyebrows a little. His eyes were piercing. His eyes are frightening me. He was sitting in my chair bleeding. Yet there was no traces of pain in his eyes.

Now what? Should I offer him the first aid kit?

Before she could think properly her voice erupted ' First aid is on the table on your right'
Aaaarrrghh. Mind your tounge Priya. What's wrong with you?

His face remained expressionless. He looked towards right and then left and lifted her white dupatta from left. Tore it in half, threw one half on ground and started binding his wound with other half.

How Rude? I just offered him first aid and he tore my cloth

How Rude? I just offered him first aid and he tore my cloth. But she couldn't utter a single word.

Then he got up and walked towards the door. Opened the door slowly and looked back at her- head to toe, before disappearing in the dark.

Priya took a deep breath and sat on her bed, trying to recollect her.

Is it time to dial 100?