What happened that day

Rainy season of Almora came with it's own mystic. Whole valley turned greener and more beautiful.

Clouds were almost touching rooftops of Houses built on slope

Clouds were almost touching rooftops of Houses built on slope. Priya has a tiring day ahead of her. After completing lots of homework, her new day started with house chores and humiliation from her step mother.

She almost got late and met complaining Kinjal in front of her house. Kinjal wore very nice dress today and she was looking beautiful. Priya gave her a teasing smile. She knew all that was preparation for party at Raj's place tonight.

Priya on the other hand was wearing a simple white salwar kurta with sky blue drape. She always used to wear long sleeved dresses.

As they reached in class, once again Raj requested Priya to come but she politely refused citing some important work at home

As they reached in class, once again Raj requested Priya to come but she politely refused citing some important work at home. He left to his seat disappointed.

As the classes finished, Priya sighed. She has to go back alone. Every one else was attending Raj's party. Priya never attended any parties not because she wanted to be excluded but because she knew she can't throw any parties of her own. And her self respect didn't allow to attend what she can't afford. She can't pretend a good life when there was no scope of any.

She collected her things. Auto stand for returning to her house was near crossroad of city centre. She walked towards stand. When she reached just near the crossroad a man came running and almost bumped her hand. Her notes slipped from her hand.

People these days can't walk calmly. Everyone is in hurry for God knows what. She thought being irritated.

She bent to pick up her notes and noticed that man was panting like a dog and he was running as fast as he could although it felt like he was running from far as his energy seemed very low.

As she was picking the notes, a loud noise shocked her. BANG !

And then it happened again BANG!
Bullet shots. As Priya looked, the running man fell flat on his face. Blood splling from his back. She was shocked and her head turned to look at the direction the shots came from.
And there it was.

A face she prayed the Gods to never see again.

The face with fainted scar.

Whole traffic ceased at that moment. Everyone froze for a split moment. The guy with the gun was unfazed by the fact that he just committed a murder in broad daylight in front of atleast two dozen people.
He kept his revolver in his side walked calmly towards his Royal Enfield bike. As he sat down on the bike he surveyed the crowd, like he wanted to register how many people witnessed his gruesome act. His eyes fell on Priya, his stare lingered on her for two seconds then he started his bike and went away.
A murmur started among crowd. Someone was probably calling ambulance. Crowd started dispersing. No one wanted any part in whatever mess was just created.

Priya doesn't remember how she managed to come home. As soon as she came to her house, she ran directly towards her room, closed the room and Started sobbing like a child.

 As soon as she came to her house, she ran directly towards her room, closed the room and Started sobbing like a child