DISAPPEAR

Abhay was driving towards court. Today was the opening day of his case. If no witness appear to testify against him. The case will be dismissed then and there.

He was confident that no one will appear. He has already threatened the one remaining witness and he was sure she will not testify now.

No one risks too much without any gain. He thought smirking.

Abhay reached inside and sat at chair beside his lawyer. Proceedings Started and judge listened both sides argument and asked for any impending proof or witnesses.

'Your honour! Police is wasting precious time of court. They do not have any proof neither do they have any witness. I request your honour to dismiss this case and let my innocent client go. He is a respectable man of society and this is hurting his image' Abhay's lawyer Pleaded.

'Your honour. I assure you we would present enough evidences and witness will testify as well' Arjun looked toward Abhay glaring 'I request your honour to accept this case and provide justice as soon as possible'

Case was finally accepted. Abhay sat there fuming. He was locked in this town now and couldn't leave till this issue gets resolved.

Looks like my warning has fell on deaf ears.
He thought.

Abhay hasn't expected this setback. He decided to eliminate the bone of contention after all.

He dialled his phone 'Lalit, Find out everything about that girl. I need every single information on her.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I can't marry him. I don't like him.' Priya finally gathered courage to respond. Her mother and father were sitting in hall when she handed them morning tea.

Veena had informed her last night that she had finally fixed date of her marriage with Daya on last day of upcoming month.
After long discussion with herself,she had decided that she won't go down without resistance.

Veena glared her. She got angry on her new founded courage.
'See!' she said sarcastically to her husband 'She has now got no shame in front of her father as well. I told you not to send her to college. You have spoiled her. Next time she will tell you who she wants to marry to.'

Priya went inside kitchen quietly. She knew her upcoming taunts are going to be unbearable.
'If she doesn't want to marry, let her be'. Her father meekly protested.

'Very nice! Give her more freedom, encourage her. Maybe one day she too will leave like her mother without informing you. But I am telling you since I am here I will not take any kind of disgrace on my family.'
Her father didn't have any answer so he stood up left the house frustrated.

Veena went inside kitchen enraged and pulled her hand making her to turn. This caused the boiling pot to spill. A spash of hot water on her palm.

'Listen to me very carefully. If you think you can have your affairs behind my back then you are mistaken. If you don't marry as I have told you so, you will not be able to live here peacefully as well.'

Priya kept her hand under cold water but that pain was nothing compared to what was happening inside her heart.

My life is over now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arjun was waiting outside college gate when Priya and Kinjal reached.

As usual Kinjal suggested meeting at Cafeteria and left just as they reached there telling some really absurd excuse leaving Priya with Arjun.

'So?' Kinjal whispered poking her elbow while Lecturer was busy making a detailed diagram of heart.

'So what?' Priya whispered back.

'what did you guys talked about?'

'If you really wanted to know, you should have stayed.'

'Oh, and be the third wheel?'

'Means?' Priya asked.

'Nothing stupid! By the way what is he like'

'He is really nice. He even assured me. He told me he will back me up. I feel much better now.'

'Oo Nice ? Just nice?' Kinjal teased her.

Priya shot a death glare at her and went back towards her notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'There is no need to take tension for you. Just one bullet and job finish.' Lalit spoke.

Masood nodded his head in agreement.

'Did I ask you?' Abhay got Angry.

'I.. was just suggesting bhaiya. Why are you getting angry' Lalit sat back confused.

'You want me to kill her? When she is so clearly witness ? Don't display your lack of brain.'

A silence fell over. Only fire was crackling.

After a while Masood suggested ' There are other ways to persuade someone'

'What other ways' Abhay looked up

Lalit and Masood looked at each other.

'There are ways to make someone... disappear.' Lalit spoke.

Abhay's mind started racing.

Masood suggested
'If she won't reach the court, there is no witness, if there is no witness there is no case'

It was not entirely bad idea.

'And keep her where ?'

Lalit smiled coyly 'Your farm house. Where else ? It's deep inside woods. Even Police will not be able to track'

'Do you guys even realise I have to keep her there for several weeks ?' Abhay scoffed.

'So what? The more the better. It's a good thing that she is a girl and I must say she is beautiful too. Meanwhile you can have your own fun with her.' Lalit raised his glass.