CONFESSIONS

be-ḳhudī be-sabab nahīñ 'ġhālib'

kuchh to hai jis kī parda-dārī hai

'It's okay Priya. What's done is done. Nothing will happen trust me.' Kinjal hugged Priya who was sobbing since last two hours.

'Why are you afraid ? We are all here for you, me and Arjun sir. So stop now.'

'But you too are going away'

'I can cancel my wedding. You just say once. Should I?'

Priya smiled wiping her tears and nodded in negative.

'Ok let's go'

'Where?'

'I am taking you for Icecream treat. We should celebrate your courage. You did what I wanted to do for so long.' Kinjal teased and dragged her along

'I have one more surprise for you at ice-cream shop' she kept on saying on the way..

~~~~~~~~~~~

Priya saw her suprise waiting at the last table . Arjun smiled and waved at them.

'I had messaged him ' Kinjal replied looking at her surprised face.

'We are all here to ensure you that you have nothing to worry about.infact I have made sure he understands well.' Arjun told after their casual chitchats.

'made sure how?'

'As soon as I got this news. I went on and arrested him on charges of assaulting you' he announced

'So he is not free now? ' Priya asked taking a sigh of relief.

'No, I think someone will bail him out very soon but we are making sure he gets best hosting Police is known for' he chuckled.

'What does that mean?' Priya asked clueless.

'Means he will not be sleep straight for atleast one week.'

'But.. isn't it too much?' she asked worriedly.

But Kinjal interrupted ' I can't believe you are defending him. He deserves much more than this'

Why am I getting a bad feeling about all this?
She thought.

'Let me tell you a fun fact Arjun Sir' Kinjal said

'Sure'

'I haven't seen her talking in higher pitch to anyone and then today she goes smacking The biggest mafia of city.'

'Stop it' Priya couldn't help but smile.

'Well I admire your courage Priya.' Arjun told her.

'I am not courageous. I am afraid. How can one be courageous if he is afraid?' She looked away.

'That's the only time one can be courageous...' Arjun smiled.

While laughter errupted in that corner Lalit was signing bail out form for Abhay in Police station on other side of city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Arjun's assurance Priya got some solace. Her next few days were very busy in preparations of her best friend's wedding.

Finally Kinjal's marriage concluded. She was waved off with heavy hearts and that left Priya feel truly alone for first time in her life.
Only Arjun was left whom she could look upto.