The day after

She didn't realised when she went into slumber but opened her eyes when Sun rays started falling on her face. For a while she kept listening chirping of birds, then she remembered events of last night and stood up from her bed.

It wasn't a dream.
Should I tell everyone? What will mom say that a guy entered my room in night?

Her guts trembled just by the thought of it. Her mom will create a huge scene and somehow blame everything on her. It's better to not discuss it with anyone.
It was 7 am, she was getting late. She has to prepare breakfast for everyone and go to college at 9. Kinjal might be coming.

Priya ran towards washroom to freshen up.

She prepared the breakfast and took it to her father. He was coughing today.

'Baba, are you alright?' she kept the breakfast at the table and sat near his feet watching worriedly towards him.

'I am fine sweetheart, was awoke last night. Some suspects were fleeing from law and roaming in the town. Maybe that's why the coughing has started. It's alright. You worry too much about me.' He smiled compassionately.

'Isn't breakfast prepared yet?' Vina came inquiring. She was giving Priya death glares. She never liked the conversation between father and daughter.

'It's already prepared Mom. I have given breakfast to Rahul and Ritika. They have left for school just before. Should I bring your's as well?' Priya got up saying.

'Let it be. I am not lazy like you. I can serve myself a breakfast' Vina said in bitter tone.

Priya started going towards her room to prepare for college. She was now accustomed of these daily taunts.

Her father wanted to stop Vina but he knew she can create a big scene and he didn't want to get late for work.

As soon as she started climbing stairs, a big smile errupted on Priya's face. Tufaan Mail Kinjal is here. She always comes yelling Priya's name from the front door itself.

'Only you were being missed.'. Vina taunted from her room.
' Aww Aunty, I know you love me most' Kinjal taunted back smiling slyly.

She held Priya's hand and they both ran towards upstair room. Kinjal was a confident girl. She was Priya's childhood friend and her confidant. She was always there for her and so was Priya for her.

Kinjal-

'Please don't taunt her

'Please don't taunt her. You know she gets angry.'

'oh please! Your silence has pumped up her ego. If I were in your place, I would have put her straight by now'

'Ok na. Leave it. Just give me few minutes I will get ready.' Priya walked towards wash room to change.

When Priya came out Kinjal was standing looking a bit distressed. Her hands were on her waist.

'Now,What?' Priya asked

'Madam if you didn't like the dress, you could have told me. There was no need to get angry on this dupatta'

Priya saw Kinjal holding the half torn dupatta in her hand. She had no other option but to tell her everything.

She slowly walked towards her doors and closed. Held Kinjal's hand and walked her to her bed gesturing to sit down. Perplexed Kinjal sat down. Priya started telling last night event.

Her eyes got bigger and bigger as she finished the story. 'Priya, that's too dangerous. Anything could have happened last night. Your life was in danger. You should tell your father'.

'No, you know na how everyone will take it. I do not want to tarnish my reputation.
Nothing happened, isn't it? It's better if we forget it never to discuss again.'

'But..' Kinjal started saying something but Priya got up and dragged her towards door.
'Come, let's go. We are already late.'

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀
Thank you for reading guys. First few chapters might feel a bit long but it's the time to explain the setup of the story.
Don't worry the exciting parts are ahead. Patience bear sweetest fruits.

Please vote and comment. This is my first story. Your every comment makes my day and keeps me happy. Just say Hi if nothing else to say. Means a lot to me. Love love love 💕💕💕
🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀