LIFE IMPRISONMENT

Yē kis hãal me ãa pãhūchì hãi kãshtì mēri...
Nã sãhil kã påtã nã samãndãr pē nãzar mēri..

Priya stood there numb trying to understand the situation that has transpired.

Abhay held out his asking for her hand. He held a ring in his other hand. Priya looked at him and then looked at ring and her head was thoughtless.

How could it be?

Am I dreaming? Is this one of my nightmares?

She waited something to happen which will break her sleep along with this horrible dream.

When few seconds passed and Priya didn't respond. Veena announced 'She is very shy.' Grinning she instructed Abhay, ' Son, why don't you go ahead and put the ring.'

With disbelief in her eyes she felt his hand reaching for her hand and he slipping the ring onto her finger with ease.

I can feel the touch? This is real?

Her head started spinning and everything felt animated. Abhay had an amusing smile on his face.

What's just happened?

Should I scream that how wrong this is? Should I tell dad he is not one I said yes to ?

'Come, let's take you to your room. Let men talk' Veena held her from the shoulder as soon and took her out of hall..

~~~~~~~~~~

Priya found her voice once she reached her room. 'Mom, there has been a mistake. How can he be here? How did he come here? How..'

'What are you talking about? You yourself were very happy yesterday' Veena scoffed.

'That's because I was expecting someone else..'

'Someone else? Have you lost your mind completely? How many lovers do you have?' Veena gave her a death glare.

'He is not my lover. He is.. He is..' Priya almost screamed frustrated but she couldn't explain what he is.

How can she explain what he is, without mentioning the whole incident and her misadventures.

'Don't create the scene now. Why didn't you deny yesterday when we were asking you?'

'Because he is not who I thought he was' Priya explained herself.

'You have lost your mind, I think. I am going down to talk to them because you are not making sense.' Veena strolled out of her room.

Priya sank into her bedside frustrated and terrified. She looked at her fingers and a stream of anger arose. The ring was heavy and studded with probably diamond. With frustration she dragged the ring from her finger and threw it across the room.

If he thinks I will marry him of all people, he is delusional.
If he thinks that by deceiving me like this, I will remain silent he is in delusion.
Priya determined in her mind.

I will clear this confusion before everyone no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly Veena knocked at her door grinning she announced, 'Priya, Abhay wants to talk to you. So I called him here so that you can clear your doubts'

'I don't want to talk to him, please say to him that I will not marry him, not ever in my right mind.'

'Enough with your nonsense' Veena whispered, 'I am calling him, why don't you say this to him.'