MORALITY

kuchh to majbūriyāñ rahī hoñgī

yuuñ hi koī bevafā nahīñ hotā

Abhay got up from his chair.
Suddenly he started feeling metallic taste in his mouth.

What kind of perverts have I employed under me. He thought.

'What did I tell you about not giving your advices' Abhay asked.

'Sorry .. bhaiya.. I just thought..'

'No, do me favor and don't think. Leave thinking to me.

I said find out everything about her. So did you do that?

'What is there to find out?' Lalit scoffed.
'you already know her address. They live pretty ordinary lives. Although they are not well to do financially.'

Abhay got it. He has experienced many such cheap people in his life doing blackmailing for petty cash.

Pathetic. He thought

'So go on. Fill her mouth with money and be done with it.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What do you think happens with people who get caught in murder charges' Priya asked Kinjal lost in thoughts.

'I don't know, maybe long time in jail' Kinjal replied.

'Why do people spoil their lives?'

'Don't tell me you have started feeling pity for that mafia too.' Kinjal rolled her eyes.

It was a free period, everyone was involved in their personal shenanigans. Some students decided it would be funny to test their aeronautical skill through Paper planes. There was chaos all around.

Suddenly Lalit entered the room along his party boys. He shouted 'Class finished. Everyone get out.'

All the students were looking at each other. Lalit kept his hand on his hips in such a manner that a Gun was visible tucked in his belt.

'Come on! Empty the class. Hey you Girl in Pink. Except you. Quick' He said pointing towards Priya.

Suddenly a line started going out of room. Kinjal didn't budge from her place.

'Ma'am should I personally drop you outside ?' Lalit asked sarcastically.

'What do you have to do with her. I am not going anywhere' Kinjal glared at him.

Lalit clapped sarcastically l'I am moved by your friendship. Why don't you tell your stupid friend to keep her mouth shut.'

'Why don't you tell your boss to stop killing people so you don't have to beg in front of everyone' She spat back. Priya held her wrist indicating to stop.

'How much ?' He asked ignoring Kinjal.

'How much what?' Priya asked surprised.

'How much is your worth? What will it take to shut your mouth?'

Suddenly it felt like someone has thrown cold water on her.

How can he be so heartless. He really thought he could buy me? How much is the worth of truth ? She thought.

'Well why don't you go tell him that he can't buy everything he wish' Priya picked her belongings and headed out towards gate.

'And tell him that he is going to need that money as long as he is out and we are not afraid of your little gang so next time don't even try' Kinjal waved at them sarcastically and followed Priya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Priya entered her house with a bad news. Her father's medical report disclosed lung disease. Her fears were starting to get real.
She had her suspicion with the severity of his coughs.

'Doctor has told about surgery. How will we afford it? I have little kids to look for' her mother was sobbing.

Priya hugged her mother with teary eyes. Money ? She has just refused it and somehow it came haunting her.

Should I accept? A thought lingered

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That self righteous bitch..

He disconnected Lalit's call. A ping of extreme anger rose. He hated people who pretended to be too good to be true.

Little People living their worthless little lives with burdens of worthless morality.

His cellphone started ringing. It was his partner in business on another side.

'I am sorry to say Mr. Abhay but I bear a bad news.' He hesitated for a while then said further 'Our company board has decided that we cannot continue our contract with your company. Atleast not until you are free of all the charges'

'What are talking about Mr. Patel. I have already invested a lot. Work has also started. It will be huge loss for me.' Abhay's jaws clenched.

'I am sorry but that is our board's decision. All I can do is buy you some more time for the sake of our friendship. Figure something out or consider it over.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arjun was waiting for her outside the college gate. Today was the day of court hearing. Arjun was there to pick her up to courtroom.

When Priya reached, they took off for their destination. Arjun noticed while driving she was gloomy for some reason. But he Decided not to bother her.

If I deny his presence at the time of murder, I can ensure my father's surgery. She was lost in her thoughts.

That person is already dead right? I can't bring him back. But I can save my father. I can't live without him. Her head was in battle with her heart.

Sometimes when people are confronted, their brain makes it's own version of truth, its own justification.
Same was happening with Priya.

Priya looked at Arjun who was driving so peacefully. He has so been so good with her. So kind. So thoughtful.

A tear dropped unknowingly from her eyes.

Arjun asked concerned ' Hey are you alright?'

Priya shook her head 'Yah I am fine.'

'Listen Don't worry ok? I am with you. I will be there. No need to be frightened.'

Priya nodded her head and looked away.

I am going to betray you Arjun. Please forgive me. She thought.

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

Author's Note

Hope you are all doing well. I would like to apologise for occasional irregularities. Sometimes one feels writer's block.
What do you think about our protagonist decision? Please leave your thoughts.  I always enjoy reading your opinions. Love love love 💕💕💕

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀