TRAPPED

dil -umīd to nahīñ nākām hī to hai

lambī hai ġham kī shaam magar shaam hī to hai...

Kinjal was sitting on bed holding Priya's hand who was still visibly shaken by last day's incident. Kinjal was trying her best to console her - 'I am sorry you had to witness that, Jaan( darling) but truth be told world is messed up. There are all kinds of people here. We should try not to think about things we can't control.'

Control? What can she control after all. Priya nodded her head.
'You didn't ask how my day go at Raj's party?' Kinjal tried to change the subject.

A little smile came to the corner of Priya's lips. She sighed and asked 'Well, How did it go?'
' I have decided to agree to arranged marriage. Atleast my father will be happy.' Kinjal sighed.

'what happened?'
'What else! He was surrounded by giggling girls and all I did was sulk. Even if I tried my best and got him to like me which is a far fetched idea, I would always be worried about other girls.' she rolled her eyes. ' And that's too much a task for rest of my life. Maybe a simpler life would be better'

'Giving up so easily?' Priya teased her. Suddenly Vina's honey mixed voice came from stairs - 'Priya ! Come down love and make a tea. See who came to meet you'

Suddenly smile from Priya's face disappeared. The sweetness in her voice can mean only one thing.
IT has come
Kinjal was visibly frustrated. 'I will kill him one of these days' she remarked.
' Let's go or she will get angry' Priya sighed and wrapped her dupatta on her and covering her head as well.

Daya, aged 45 was a businessman of her town. He had made his wealth through forex and custom business in middle East. He was very proud of his wealth and he flaunted it with his golden tooth. Half bald with smirk on face.
Ever since he laid his lustful eyes on Priya, he was trying to woo her. Instead, he was successful in wooing her mother by his numerous generous gifts.
Her mother has kept his proposal in front of Priya and Her dad citing that Priya would be lucky to marry a wealthy man.

' I will not marry my daughter to a widowed man' Her father had argued
' Yah ? From where are you going to bring a Prince for her? Am I not her mother? Do I have no right to decide for her? I would never want her loss. He will keep her like a queen.' Vina was yelling.

' Aunty! Let Priya be. I will bring tea for Mr. Daya' Voice of Kinjal snapped Priya out of her memory.
Vina taunted ' Why? Can't your father find someone for you?'

Priya saw anger in Kinjal's eyes, she was about to snap. She held her hand and pleaded through her eyes. 'I am sorry but I am going, I can't watch this' Kinjal stormed off the front door.

Daya was waiting impatiently like a hungry man waits for his favourite food. He was rubbing his palms and constantly looking towards kitchen door. Although it's not the tea he was waiting for.

Priya held tray and took a deep breath. It was time to face her fear. She went inside hall. Keeping her eyes down. She didn't want to see his face.

She could feel his lustful eyes on her. It felt like numerous spiders were crawling down her spine. She kept the tray on table and started walking back. 'Have you forgotten your manners?' Her mother warned her.

Priya bit her lips, she hated everything about this. She turned back and lifted the cup to pass him. Her eyes met with his lecherous eyes. He was grining at her. He extended his hand for the cup but instead held her palms.

With the reaction of lightning she pulled back her hand. A little tea spilled from cup.

'It's alright.. it's alright. Please sit down' he smirked.

Priya went to sit on far corner of sofa. His touch was burning her, she wanted to peel off skin where he touched. His glares felt so dirty.
'Mr. Daya has bought dresses for you from Dubai.' Her mother proudly pronounced. 'You should thank him'
But Priya kept mum. It was her form of silent protest. She kept looking towards her toes.

' There's no need for it. Afterall whatever is mine is hers' Daya tried to please her.

Seldom she got angry but it was one of those moments. She imagined a scene in her brain where she was throwing all his gifts on his face and telling him to get out of her house and her life for good.

'So since I am back, we should schedule the engagement as soon as possible.' he remarked rubbing his palm.

' Sure why not, even I was thinking what is the need of engagement ? Such a waste of money. We should directly go for marriage.' Vina spoke carelessly while she was opening his gift.

His mouth almost filled with water. He got so excited that he came to the edge of his seat jumping. His eyes trying to pierce her through the layers of clothing, staring her like he was weighing a piece of meat.

Priya's palms clenched and she pressed her nails deep inside her palms in order to distract herself from the rage of helpless anger rising from her heart.

I can't control anything!

She started fighting tears which were threatening to pool her eyes.

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀
Author's Note

How did you find this chapter guys. What are your thoughts on new character ? I hope it's not feeling long. 👉👈 Trust me I want to write into action as soon as possible *winks* 😉
Like and comment.
Love love love 💞💞💞

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀