Chapter 22

THE HEIRESS

"What's up with you and that Azriel guy."

I look up from the shirt I've been tearing into strips, frowning at the male seated before me. Shirtless, and injured still.

I brought him back, yes. But whatever that spurt of power did, it hadn't been enough to fully heal the wound.

"What do you mean?" I ask, picking up one of the strips, and dunking it into the stream of water next to us.

The place I had taken us to in my moment of heartache was a gorgeous peaceful place. A fallen temple of sorts. Gorgeous white stone, marble floors. Green surrounding us completely, with a creak running along one end. The very creak we were seated at now, so I could patch him up.

"You and him," he said, moving his arm aside so I could reach his wound. Impaling his abdomen, a wound that killed. "Is there something there?"

I couldn't help but smile at that question. Hitori was a curious male. I didn't blame him though, for wanting to ask questions. I carefully cleaned the wound with the damp rag, getting rid of any and all dried blood. Even fresh blood, which had luckily clotted already.

"Not necessarily." I answered.

"Not necessarily?"

I looked up to catch his eyes already on me, and I simply smiled. "Why do you ask, Captain?"

"Curiosity kills the cat, does it not?"

"Exactly." I poked the tip of his nose with my finger, "But I won't let you die again."

It was his turn to smile, and god. I would kill to see it more often. The small dimples showing anytime the hint of a smile tugged at his lips.

"He helped me, during those months at the Night Court." I told him, focusing back on the wound I was supposed to be tending to. "He understood certain things better than others."

"Your powers?" Hitori asked, and I nodded once in response.

"I don't know what they do. What I'm capable of." I met his eyes once more, "How to control it."

My hands lingered on his stomach, the rag pressed against the warmth of his skin.
I felt the sudden warmth of him cover my hand, the feeling of skin to skin touch warming up my every sense.

"Do you fear it?" His voice was gentle, a silky caress to the chaos in my mind.

I feared it all the time, I was riddled with it. Though the last thing I wanted was to worry the Captain. Not now.

"Sometimes."

His fingers, a soothing touch, slid up my lower arm. The sweet tingle flowing to my elbow, where the warmth settled for a moment.

"Did you fear it today?" His eyes stayed locked on my own, his fingers now traveling further up.

I couldn't say it. A shiver shot down my spine at his touch. He didn't stop. I didn't want him to.

A male this gentle, this kind. So patient, and so calm. I could wish for nothing less.

"I'm sorry." I broke my train of thought just as quickly as it arrived, focusing back on the wound I had been tending to.

As much as I wanted to keep gazing into those ocean filled eyes, I could not.

"Do not apologize to me." He said.

I didn't say another word, my hands didn't move. I gazed at the blood stained rag pressed to his stomach.

"Look at me."

I shut my eyes, shaking my head. I felt my hair fall from my shoulders, concealing my face from him. Thank the mother.

"Amaya." He warned, "Look at me."

His fingers gripped my chin, a firm hold. Though it didn't hurt. He lifted my face to his, and I opened my eyes to meet his once more.

"You do not apologize to me, do you hear me?" I felt his thumb trace my chin, his grip became looser.

His eyes pierced my own, the icy blue that could drown even the most wicked of souls.

"I asked you something, princess."

I inhaled deeply, not moving away from his touch. An addicting feeling, touch so gentle and sweet. "I heard you." I answered him.

The corner of his lips tugged up, "That's my girl."

His thumb slowly found its way to my bottom lip, a caress so sweet I could've lost balance right then and there. Tracing the shape of my bottom lip, the only sound audible was my own breathing.

The tips of my fingers found the warmth of his abdomen, his skin sending pricks of electricity through me. I wanted more, to explore him further. To know every piece of him, physically and mentally. To understand him, completely.

"Hitori-" A mere whisper, the only thing I managed while my fingers slowly found more warmth to settle onto.

His fingers never left my face, exploring his own grounds. "Yes?"

My lips parted, needing to say words, but they couldn't grasp onto any. I was speechless, in need of something more than just words.

No words.

None.

But two.

Two words, and that's all I needed.

"Kiss me."

His fingers froze, but his eyes never left mine. His eyes warmed, his pupils expanding ever so slightly.

"Say that again." He whispered to me.

"Kiss me, Hitori."

A sound came from the back of his throat, something primal. Like the sound of my voice saying his name gave him energy.

"Please..."

His body moved, his hands finding my waist, pulling me to him. The warmth of him, his very existence, seeped into me. Finding myself on his lap, my fingers splayed on his chest for balance at the unexpected movement.

"One more time." He demanded.

"Kiss me." I ordered right back.

The warmth of his hands seeping through my clothing was nothing compared to the rest of him. Nothing.

His lips crashed into my own before I ever realized, until his warmth seeped into me from all angles. His lips, sending fireworks down my spine. Making me feel all kinds of tingly. His hands, on my waist. The warmth of him against my body. Feeling him against my lips. I wanted to change nothing. I just wanted him, in this very moment.

Captain Caldwell; entirely mine to devour.

Hitori; mine to explore.

Sorry not sorry Azriel shippers >:)