Chapter 24: The end of akatsuki

Hey guys, as i have warned you at the last chapter that i considered not writing a fight scene cause i don't know how (well, in case some of you guys stopped reading midway), i will just skip to the last moment of sakura's life. Hope you guys will stay with me till the end of the chapter. I don't own naruto, enjoy?

Sakura falls on her back and stares at the sky that's still raining, but lesser and lesser as the minutes goes by. 'So...i guess this is the end of me, huh?' She lets out a small smile as she turns her head towards the tallest building in amegakure, yes, that was her father's base, where the story of her life started.

Memories of the time she spent with her family flooded her mind and she raises her hand towards the sky. 'Otou-san, okaa-san, nii-san, guess the time has come, for me to join you in the other world.' Her body jerks upward and her hand falls to her side. Her last breath gone with the wind.... and the rain stops suddenly.

Meanwhile...at the town center of amegakure

A gasp escape from one of the amegakure nin. "What's it, suhoi-sensei?" The people around him ask worriedly. "How is kami-sama?" He didn't answer. "The enemies?" He swallows hardly before saying. "Sakura-sama got rid of them... everyone of them..." Cheers erupted from everywhere. "She did it!" "Hooray!" "That's our leader!" The man paled at the crowd's reactions. "N-n-no..." everyone turn back to him. "What do you mean?" A woman calls out. "S-sakura-sama...s-she's d-dead..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone became quiet as they mourn the lost of their leader who just reached the leader status weeks ago. No one could imagined that the corpse whose the anbus are carrying, belongs to their only female leader.

From one corner of the shrine that holds the corpses of the akatsukis', a child's cry is heard. Tai immediately comforts his little brother, although he himself feels like crying too. "Hush, otuoto, there's nothing bad to cry about. Sakura nee-sama is now happily having her reunion with her family." "B-but, s-sakura nee-sama!" Slowly, tears begin to form at the corner of tai's eyes, and he hugs his brother. "Hush, it's a-alright..."

The amegakure anbus place sakura's corpse in the middle of the others, in other words, between her parent figure, pein and konan. Although dead, her smile still lingers on her face, as if trying to cheer everyone up from the sad atmosphere.

The adults hide their faces as they let their tears flow freely. Children tugging onto the hem of their parents' clothing. Sadness swept through amegakure, and the rain never falls although the clouds had covered the sun so it wouldn't shine through them. The day ended gloomily, and although everyone's tired, no one left the shrine until the very next day...

Well, end~ shortest ever! Till the next time!