𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗋𝗇

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗
scene nine:
the concern

"It will be a bigger problem if
they find out."
╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

SUNGHOON HEAVES A SIGH when he turned to the pile of papers he has to check for the upcoming coming of age

"I want to spend some time with Ava too...." He mutters before pressing the imperial seal on the 40th over 100 invitations they'll be handling out to different kingdoms.

"Your highness, Prince Jungwon has arrived."

The older looked up to the younger. A concerned expression was on his face as he stared at his overworked brother.

"If Jay and Jake are taking time to rest, why won't you?" Questioned Jungwon before taking a seat on the sofa on the side of the room.

"I need to make sure everything goes well. I am the child of the king and current queen. My burdens are heavier than my brothers'." Sunghoon continued to stamp the imperial seal on the invitations.

Jungwon could only sigh while Sunghoon's butler pour tea for him. The younger prince becomes quiet before crossing his legs and resting one arm on the back rest of the sofa.

"Ava is worried."

"What? Why?"

"This is your coming of age ceremony. Aristocracy from different kingdoms will be attending it, including hers. If her family sees she's here, other than her two brothers who already knows then you know how the king will react to that."

Sunghoon looks down at the invitations. A heavy feeling of guilt was suddenly pressed down on his shoulders.

"If they find out..." Jungwon turned to Sunghoon who looked worried and angry. Is it because of the actions of the king from Ava's kingdom?

"If they find out that Ava is hiding here, war might break out, knowing how stubborn her father is." Jungwon sighed, dropping the formalities.

They both don't see the reason why a princess should marry to become queen.

Being men themselves and have seen many colors from countless people, they know the greed for power that lies within people.

They've seen how people has risen and how people have fallen because of their undying greed for power and wealth.

If Ava gets tangled into those matters then it's fated for her to suffer, not only in a loveless marriage but in a corrupted one.