i. the mayfields

THE MAYFIELDS

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
chapter one

"i still don't get why we have to move to this shithole." max mayfield mumbled on her way to hawkins, indiana with her sister sage, step- brother billy, mom, and step- dad.

"language!" her mother shouted.

sage and max looked over to each other, rolling their eyes at their mothers behavior.

"yeah, max." billy turned to the girls. "you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"just shut up billy." sage defended her sister.

he faked a hurt look and her mother sighed. "you need to start respecting your brother!"

"i'm sorry mom." she looked down. she wasn't sorry, nor did she even consider him to be her brother.

max rested her head on her shoulder comfortingly, while billy turned and gave her a teasing smirk.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"lucas, do you copy? i've got four quarters. what's your haul?" dustin spoke into his walkie - talkie.

"take your puny haul and multiply it by five." lucas answered confidently.

"how?"

"while you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, i mowed old man humphrey's lawn." he answered.

"old man humphrey's got that kind of cash?!"

"just call mike already."

"you call mike."

"i have to go take a shower from doing work like a man." lucas bragged. "over and out."

"mike, do you copy?" dustin spoke lazily. "mike, do you copy?"

"yeah. yeah, i copy." he quickly answered.

"what the hell are you doing on this channel?"

"nothing."

"well, lucas and i have six bucks total." he stated. "what's your haul."

"shit! i don't know yet." he panicked.

"what do you mean you don't know yet?!"

"hold on. call will!" he yelled and ran upstairs.