iv. dustins discovery

DUSTINS DISCOVERY

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
chapter four

"i still don't get why they call him zombie boy." max said to lucas as they walked down the halls with sage. "i mean, i get it he got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? because everyone thought he was dead?"

"yeah. i mean, we had a funeral for him and everything." lucas explained.

"after a week?" max asked.

"well, see, some other kid drowned at the quarry." lucas stated. "we thought it was will because his body was super decomposed."

"what? okay that's not funny." max said seriously.

"i don't think he's joking, max" sage sighed.

"yeah, it's not a joke. it's public knowledge." he said. "you can ask anybody. except will, because he is really sensitive about it. all right?"

they both nodded. "okay."

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"the case of phineas gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time." mr clarke stated. "phineas as a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. a large iron rod was driven completely through his head. phineas miraculously survived. he seemed fine. and physically, yes, he was. but his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality." as he continued talking, sage noticed max looking at will. he turned around, feeling eyes on him. sage lightly hit max in the arm and smiled at the boy.

"at the time, this was known as the american crowbar case." mr clarke continued. "although it wasn't a—"

dustin bursted through the door. "i am so sorry, mr clarke. really i'm so sorry. please do timbre with the class. don't mind me. really. continue please. thanks.

mr clarke did continue. "although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as i said."

dustin turned to the party. "we have to meet. all of us. at lunch, av club." then he turned to sage and max and mouthed the same thing. "i have something that you won't believe."

"dustin." mr clarke called.

"yes my lord."

"would you care to join the class now?" he asked.

"please, yes." dustin smiled.

"the case of phineas gage."