xviii. brimborn steelworks

BRIMBORN STEELWORKS

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter eighteen

the kids huddled up as the watched the lights flicker. wills hand was on the back of his neck.

nancy and jonathan.

they started walking up to mrs driscoll's room, ignoring the receptionist yelling at them.

they pressed the elevator button repeatedly, but it was taking too long.

"stairs." everyone followed mike.

they got there just in time. el and sage shot the "mini mind flayer" off of nancy and out the window.

when they got outside, it was gone.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

they were in hoppers cabin, trying to find billy.

"it can't be good for her to be in there this long." mike worried.

"mike, you need to relax." said max, trying to calm him down.

"what if she gets brain damage or something?" he exclaimed.

"oh, shit." lucas sat up, "is that, like, a real thing?"

"no, it's not. he made it up." max stated, "mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."

sage smacked her forehead with her palm.

"sage, why don't you switch with her and do something for once?" mike suggested.

"wow, mike. so you're okay with me getting brain damage?" she joked. he didn't seem to find it funny, "i already asked her, she said she wanted to do it."

"well, ask her again!" he boomed.

"i asked her three times!"

"okay, stop fighting!" lucas shouted, "she'll be out soon enough."

"oh, lucas." mike started, "did you know that your girlfriend and her sister made el use her powers to spy on us?"

"no, no, no!" they yelled in unison.

"we did not make her. it was her idea." max defended.