vii. expanding the menu

EXPANDING THE MENU

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter seven

lucas pulled his bike up to the front of the mayfield's house and knocked on the door.

billy ignored it and kept working out. "are one of you dipshits gonna get the door or what?"

"okay!" max yelled.

"i swear, max!" he shouted.

max opened the door and saw lucas, then she walked out and closed it behind her. "what are you doing here?"

"you said you wanted to be in our party. well there's a code red, so let's go!" he explained.

billy looked at the door and saw that max walked out, so he started walking towards it. then she quickly ran back in and closed the door behind her. billy blocked her from going to her room.

"who the hell were you talking to?" he asked, and sage walked over.

"what's going on?" she asked.

"mormons." max answered billy.

"mormons?" he laughed.

"talkative ones." she walked to her room and grabbed sage with her. they heard billy double - check outside the door.

max opened her window and started climbing out. "what the hell are you doing?!" sage asked.

"there's a code red. come on!" she answered, getting on the back of lucas's bike.

"but how am i going to get there?" she gestured towards the single bike.

max thought for a second. "you can use that bike that i got for my birthday that one time!"

"your seventh birthday?!" sage asked in horror, "you know what... whatever."

she jumped out the window, grabbed max's small, old bike, and hopped on, following behind lucas.

"this better be good, stalker." said max.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

they finally stopped at the place dustin told them to meet and parked their bikes.

"i said medium - well!" lucas yelled over to dustin and steve.

"who are they?" steve asked, but dustin ignored them.