xix. drive!

DRIVE!

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter nineteen

"he said he was building something." sage said quietly, trying to block out the sounds of the fireworks from the town fair. she turned to eleven, "that it was all for us."

"building something... is he talking about the flayed?" max asked.

"he must be." nancy stated.

"so, he's building an army just like we thought." said lucas.

"yeah. but he's not building this army to spread." mike explained.

"he's building it to stop el and sage." will added.

"last year, el closed the gate. i have a feeling that really pissed him off." mike spoke.

everyone nodded.

"but sage, is there any reason he would he be after you?" mike asked.

she looked up.

sage tried to listen in on what dr. brenner was saying to the workers. she had been wondering why he wasn't running many tests on her. she just sat in the play room all day. her hair had grown to about the end of her ear.

"i don't know if we can contain her." she heard.

"yes. she stopped someone's heart with her mind." one of the workers agreed, "she's too powerful."

"no." she looked down.

"i guess they're just after people with powers." max said.

"oh yeah. he also said he was gonna kill all of you." sage added, her personality starting to return back to normal.

"oh, well that's nice." max joked.

"don't worry max! i'll protect you!" sage teased.

"shut up, idiot." she smiled.

then everyone looked up when they heard a faint screeching noise. nancy walked towards the window.

"do you guys hear that?" she asked.

"it's just the fireworks." jonathan remarked.

"billy." nancy turned to sage, "when he told you this, was it here in this room?"

her eyes switched from confusion to understanding, "shit. yes it was."

then there was an even louder thudding noise. sage squeezed her sisters hand.

wills hand found the familiar spot on the back of his neck, "he knows we're here."

they all walked through the door and into the woods. they saw a hungry mind flayer ripping trees out of the ground.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

nancy got a gun from hoppers shed and jonathan got an ax. the rest of the kids were covering the windows and doors with anything they could find.

"get away from the windows." said nancy. the kids obeyed.

it was quiet for a few seconds, until they started hearing a low rumble and furniture started shaking.

"it's close." said will.

then if all went quiet and dark.

"where'd it go?" max asked.

something suddenly bursted through the window and all the kids jumped back.

jonathan tried to hit it with an axe, but it just got more mad, and through him against the wall. when it was about to go for him, nancy started shooting it with a shotgun she got from the shed.

then, she was out of bullets. it started charging for her. el and sage stopped it in it's tracks.

el cut of the mouth, and it went back through the window.

"holy shit." said max, ducking when it came back. el held it up again, and cut off the head.

sage did the same when another one came through.

then one came through the ceiling, grabbing el's leg and dragging her. lucas used the axe and everyone held el down. sage quickly used her powers and the creature started shrieking in pain, letting el go.

when it tried to come back, el used all of her might and split it in half. sage caught her when she fell.

"go! go! go!" nancy yelled.

"hurry up! come on!" jonathan shouted.

as the creature roared, everyone ran to the car. sage and max were holding el up since she couldn't use one of her legs. they all jumped into the car, not bothering with their seatbelts this time.

"drive!" yelled mike, and nancy stepped on the gas.

AUTHORS NOTE

i'm so sorry this chapter is so short! i feel like season 3 is taking so long but i just really wanted to post this now.

also i'm going to see scream 6 i'm so excited!! (i made a scream fanfic too!!) but i barely started it so don't expect a lot it's only the introduction and i don't know how often i'll update it <3

thank you so much for 9k reads! omg!