xiv. the host

╔═*

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗
chapter fourteen

"sage!" max and el ran over, "sage are you okay?"

sage nodded uncertainly. "we need to go to heather's house."

max and el turned to each other and el shrugged.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

the girls got off of their bikes in front of the house that el and sage saw in the pouring rain.

"is this it?" max asked, and el nodded.

"okay. now that we're actually here i'm a little spooked." sage whispered, looking around.

"we'll be fine. come on!" max grabbed her by the sleeve of her raincoat.

they walked up to the door, "so do we knock.." sage started, but el just busted the door open with her mind, "smart."

they walked in with their muddy feet and pulled their hoods down.

max looked at a picture on the wall of a family, "its her house." she pointed to the young girl in the middle, "heather. its her house."

they heard a high-pitched laugh and voices coming from another room. they followed the voices and there was their brother.

"max. sage." he said.

"we didn't mean to... barge in." max spoke, "we tried to knock, but.. maybe you didn't hear us over the storm"

"i'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" a grey haired man who they had seen in the picture from before spoke up.

billy laughed, "i'm sorry. janet. tom. these, are my sisters maxine and sage."

"oh!" the woman, "janet" said.

billy stood up. "what on earth are you doing here? is something wrong?"

"we just wanted to make sure everything was ok." max said.

"ok?" he asked with an odd voice, "why wouldn't it be okay?"

"where is she?" el asked.

"im sorry. where is who?" he asked.

"well they're a little burnt, i'm sorry--" the girl who they were looking for, heather, walked in.