Twenty-Seven

Learning that the Goth were leaving Berlin, the Mayor of the City arranged for there to be a parade along their exit route. The Mayor of Berlin invited President Hoffmann and President Valeska of Poland to attend and had a platform set up outside the camp where John might say goodbye to the city.

      John agreed to speak, sat up on the platform with Claudia, the Mayor and Presidents until it was time. Behind, the tribe were packed and ready to leave. The Mayor's event staff had arranged for them to leave by the parade route, after their escort of marching band, mounted police and local celebrities. The Presidents themselves were to ride in the parade just ahead of John, as he led the tribe in hovercar.

      The Mayor first gave a speech, praising the Goth for their good works throughout Germany and in Berlin and their efforts in bringing peace. President Hoffman was then introduced. Kirsten Hoffmann took the podium decorated in banners to match the German flag of black, red, and gold.

      Kirsten also praised the peace efforts of all the Goth. She even mentioned Regensburg, saying that their city and people were safe due to the work of the Goth and though Kirsten emphasized that she was not now Goth or advocating as President continued large scale declaration to the tribe she did make it clear she now respected the ways of the tribe and hoped that all their people could learn from the example of the Goth.

      "I must now ask President Valeska to join me in making an announcement," Kirsten said.

      "What can they be doing now?" Claudia asked, "The two of them?"

      "I honestly don't know," John whispered

      Ryan Valeska stood and went to the podium. He began by briefly adding his own support of the sentiments President Hoffmann just spoke of regarding the Goth and then said, "A day ago this afternoon, a proposal was put before both the German parliament and that of Poland, based here in Berlin. If passed by both houses of legislature and then passed by President Hoffmann and myself this proposed act of law would create a new nation encompassing both territories of Germany and Poland with claims to the borders of both former nations prior to invasion by all foreign armies during the past 18 months."

      "This proposed law was passed with clear majority in the German house of law," President Hoffmann said, "Same proposed legislature was passed by the Polish parliament with clear majority. Both President Valeska and myself have given our support and as of 6 pm Berlin time this evening, in six hours, this law goes into effect."

      There was mixed reaction from the amassed crowd of hundreds of thousands gathered around them which John oticed then included immediately about them Polish and German military. President Valeska spoke then. "Elections have been scheduled for July of this year, during which a head of state for the United Duetch-Polski States will be elected. A new judiciary council for the United Duetch-Polski states will also be eleceted this July. Elected officials will be sworn in at the end of this year. Until that time President Hoffmann and myself will continue in our positions as joint presidents and all legal matters effecting newly established union will be decided during the present courts of Germany until such time as new judiciaries are sworn in this December."

      President Hoffmann continued from there, "All local laws will be honored and there is no need for concern for any citizens of Poland or Germany. As joint Presidents, we are presently dedicated to finding the most peaceful solution to the ending of foreign occupation and war, and wish to ensure a safe homeland for all our people." There was some amount of cheering without any audible disapproval mixed in after this and the Kirsten went on. "As of 6pm Berlin time today our first acts as joint Presidents will be to put before the houses of legislature a proposal to recognize Regensburg as enclave of Goth not to be tresspassed by police or military of our United States and subject to laws instituted only by officials of Regensburg and Goth as per their own arrangement."