~Chapter 1~

Tommy stood in a vast flower field, stretching for as far as the eye could see. Tommy breathed in the sweet air around him, his blue eyes taking in the beautiful scene before him. Where was he? "Tommy?" The blond's eyes widened at the familiar voice, his whole body seizing any movement. "Tommy, w-why are you here?" Slowly he turned around, his eyes meeting Wilbur's worried brown. "Oh Tommy..." Wilbur's expression only held sorrow as he stared at his little brother. "It's not your time yet, little bird." 

Tommy's lip wobbled at the olders words, and with little hesitation rushed forwards towards the other brother. Wilbur opened his arms quickly, letting the avian tackle him into a tight hug, and if Tommy wasn't mistaken the older was holding Tommy just as tight.

"I miss you." He whispered out, his fists balling Wilbur's trenchcoat between his fingers. "I-I can't-"

"Toms..." Tommy shook his head no, burying his face into Wilbur's chest.

"Don't make me go back, I can't do this anymore!" After a few seconds Wilbur pulled away, his eyes meeting Tommy's wet ones. His brown eyes were dark, pain filling them to the brim as he took in his little brother.

"I'm sorry Tommy, but you have to go back." he choked up as he spoke. "I'm sorry..." Tommy shook his head no, his crying growing worse. Wilbur started wiping the tears away only frowning at his brother's reaction. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone, I'll never do that again." Tommy only sobbed harder.

"Your dead Wilbur! You'll never be there for me again!" The brunette brought the young teen into another tight hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Tommy." Wilbur's words didn't stop Tommy's tears, the teen feeling too miserable to care. "I'm watching over you, I'll guide you... I'll stop you from hurting ok?" Tommy held onto Wilbur tightly, his knuckles turning white.

"Please don't leave me alone again."

"I won't, I promise." After those last words were exchanged everything around Tommy dulled, making the teen look up towards his older brother who bittersweetly smiled back at him. "It's ok... everything's ok." The world went black once again.

~ + ~

Tommy's blue eyes slowly opened, his vision blurry even as he woke up. He sat up slowly, wincing at the pain be felt on his back. He didn't understand why his back felt lighter right away, then it hit him. He reached back hoping to feel the feathers of his wings, only to meet his bloody back instead. He was frozen, his eyes staring at the bloody ground below him in horror.

No, this wasn't happening to him... he was sleeping... a nightmare, yeah, this was a nightmare. Tommy sniffled, removing his bloody hand from his back as he curled in on himself. This wasn't a dream, he knew that. He looked behind himself, seeing the bloody appendages that were his wings. They sat on the grassy floor unmoving, covered in blood and smearing it onto the ground below it. It was a horrible sight to see.

He crawled over to them, his hands going to grip the feathers that once carried him in the sky. Yes, this was a nightmare, but not one Tommy would wake up from. Why did the universe hate him? What had he done to deserve such pain? He couldn't help but grit his teeth, anger and grief filling his body. He cried, he didn't care if he was still bleeding out, he didn't care if he looked pathetic, slumped over his severed limbs gripping them like they would run away from him.

He didn't care, he was angry, angry at the world for damning him to a life of hell, he was angry over being exiled again, he was angry that Tubbo, who was supposed to be his best friend and someone that was supposed to stay by his side, had let this happen to him.