~Chapter 14~

That Night. . .

Tommy sat in front of a crackling fire, dogs surrounding him as he ate some cooked fish he gained from his fishing trip with Techno. The night air felt different than the other nights that Tommy had experienced like something big would happen soon. The teen ate slowly, eyes looking up from the orange fire ower towards the sleepy Ghostbur that sat across from him. In the ghosts hands is another cooked fish, waiting to be eaten by the man. Tommy sighs, looking towards the distant-looking Ghostbur.

"If you don't eat you'll go to sleep starving." It snapped the other out of his mind, blue eyes going wide before registering what the blond had said. He looked down at the food he was given, looking perplexed before sighing and setting it down.

"I don't need to eat, remember Tommy? I'm dead, food is nothing but a pleasure I can indulge in when I want to pretend I'm alive." Tommy's chewing stops, looking sad as he looks down towards the cooked fish now sitting down on the stony ground. Tommy doesn't know why he feels bad, as up to this point he's hated Ghostbur for just existing.

He was a constant reminder of what he lost, who he lost. He shouldn't care that this ghost is sad, he should be ignoring him and should have kicked him out by now. Then why does his heartache at the ghost's words, why does he let him stay?

"Well, let's eat together anyways, ok?" Tommy says, taking another bite out of his meal. Ghostbur watched for a moment, eyes looking towards the fish sitting next to him. He smiles softly, picking it back up before taking his own bite out of it. Tommy watches the ghost, eyes taking in the now saddened dead man.

"Why do you want to be revived so bad?" That made Ghostbur stop, eyes glancing up at the teen before looking back towards the fire, chewing as he did so. Once he swallowed he finally answered.

"I don't like being... here." Ghostbur says, sighing loudly. "I'm reminded of how the man before me, Wilbur Soot, did horrible things. Things I don't even remember. And I hate it. It seems everyone that I do remember hates me now, wants nothing to do with me." Ghostbur sniffles, blue tears threatening to spill. "I'm not Wilbur Soot, b-but no one seems to understand that. And for that, I think it would be best if I let the real Wilbur Soot to walk the earth again. Let that man take my place so I can leave and never have to come back and listen to p-people yell about what h-he did." Tommy hums, looking at the tearful ghost with a frown. "A-And you miss Wilbur too, don't you? You w-want him back, don't you?" It took a long time for the avian to answer, eyes looking shiny as he thought.

"I do." Ghostbur smiles warmly at that, a sigh leaving his lungs afterwards.

"Then I'm ok with being revived." The ghost says confidently, eyes looking up towards the teen with a small nod. No one said anything after that, Tommy taking yet another bite just as Ghostbur does.

One Hour Later. . .

Tommy sat in the library room, candles lighting up the small space as Tommy digs through the many books that lined the walls and ground. The avian doesn't remember the last time he was in this room, since most of his time in Pogtopia was filled with training and planning. Technoblade was the one to demand a library, which Wilbur gave him.

It was a small room but the piglin hybrid was happy enough with it. Tommy grabbed another book, looking at the cover to see enchant writing looking back at him. It was a familiar book that Tommy remembers Wilbur showing him when he was younger.

"Tommy, that says 'The flowers grow better in the sun'." The brunette chuckles, watching the tiny Tommy pout where he sat at the dining table.

"Well this language is weird Wilby! How can you even tell some of these letters apart?" Wilbur laughed, reaching over the table to ruffle his little brothers hair.