~Chapter 18~

Three Days Later. . .

Tommy found himself once again surrounded by darkness, unable to speak or move like how these usual dreams went. This time though, he heard sniffles as if someone was crying. Tommy only listened, wondering if this was all he’d dream of for the night. Being in a big black nothingness, unable to speak or move, listening to someone cry. That was, until whoever was crying began to speak. 

“I’m sorry.” Simple words, yet they still made Tommy’s heart jump. “Even if I had my reasons for abandoning you and Wilbur like I did and for how long I did, I don’t know if I told you why if you will ever forgive me, and if I’m honest I don’t blame you if you don’t… but I’m sorry.” silence filled the room for a long time, if there wasn’t still the indication of crying he would have thought that whoever it was was gone. “I wonder what it would have been like If I had been there, able to raise you and Wilbur properly. Maybe then your brother wouldn’t have seemed so lost when I first saw him.” Tommy, still confused, has put together that this was Phil talking. Was it always Phil? And if so, who was the second voice? “Gods above I wish I hadn’t killed him, I shouldn’t have killed him.” His words were tired whispers as if he’s said them so many times that it began to hurt to hear them leave his lips. “Please, please wake up. I can’t lose another son.” The words made even Tommy choke up, a pit in his stomach growing as he listened to the man. This was one of the few times he wished he could actually talk to Philza.

A door could be heard being open, the sniffles being silenced shortly after. Footsteps indicated someone entering, probably the second unknown voice. “Dad…” Ah, it was Technoblade. It wasn’t long before the father began to speak again, this time his voice sounding cold and angry. 

“I plan to hunt down Dream and kill him once and for all.” Wait did he say Dream? But he is dead. He had killed him. He saw the life drain out of his eyes and felt the satisfaction as he realized he finally killed the bastard that had brought so much pain to him. Why was Phizla speaking as if he was still alive?  Tommy wanted to scream what did he mean, why he thought Dream was alive, but like always no noise escaped his lips as he tried to will himself to move. And like always everything went quiet, indicating he was once again waking up.w

Tommy was shaken awake, Wilbur calling out his name with a worried tone. “Tommy?” Tommy sat up, tired eyes staring at the wall across from him before looking at the concerned Wilbur. “Tommy? Are you ok?” 

“I am…” His voice was distant, eyes cloudy as he tried to make sense of the weird dream. They were recurring, all different but so familiar as well. Why did he dream of a place where Philza cared about him? “Just a weird dream.” He tried to explain. 

“I thought you were having a nightmare.” The brunette chuckled. The avian raised a brow, looking towards the other with curious eyes. “Well, I could hear you from my room, screaming ‘What do you mean?’ and ‘Why can’t anyone hear me?’. When I got into the room you were flailing around as if you were fighting something off, really scared me honestly.” Tommy looked down towards his lap where his hands layed, shaking. How hadn’t he noticed they were shaking until now? “Are you sure you’re ok?” Tommy whipped his head up, eyes blinking before quickly nodding. 

“Y-Yes, like I said. Just a weird dream.” Tommy forced a smile as he spoke, hoping to make the older brother believe him. Wilbur still looked skeptical, a frown forming on his face. 

“If you say so.” A pause. “But if you need to talk, I’m here, ok?” Tommy nodded, expression turning warm. 

“Yes, I know.” Wilbur stood up, sighing as he made his way to the door. He stopped before he left, looking behind himself with a small smile.