~Chapter 2~

Tommy ran his hand against the cold stone as he walked down the stairs to the bottom of the Pogtopian ravine. His eyes took in the area, smiling fondly at the many good memories he had made here. Tommy had never wanted to come back after Wilbur's death, too many memories of his dead brother for him to handle. At least in new L'manburg there wasn't any trace of Wilbur's existence anymore, and even if there was Tommy always steered clear of those areas.

Now the memory of his brother warmed his heart, made him think that maybe Wilbur was still with him even if he couldn't see him. Wilbur had been a constant in his life, someone he's depended on from a young age.

Maybe that's why Tommy had stuck around when Wilbur had lost it, he wanted to be there for his brother the same way he had been there for him. Even if he stayed up for hours with his older brother, letting the other cry on his shoulder, he was happy doing it. 

"Wilby, are you excited?" He whispered out, Looking around the area again. "Your real unfinished symphony, I'm going to finish it for you." He knew it was dumb talking even though no one was actually there to answer back, but he had hoped his brother could hear him, that Wilbur would be there for him like he had been so many times before.

He finally reached the bottom of the stairs, looking down the ravine tunnels with a small smile. It was all still intact, still standing proudly as if it was waiting for the day it would need to be used again. "You were right Wilbur. Pogtipia would always be there for us." Walking down the hall like tunnels he started going through the rooms, like the medical wing or even the old farm area. In each room were different chests, all of them holding things that would come in handy for Tommy. Eventually, he made it to the area he knew very well, the rooms where they had made their own sleeping quarters. 

Tommy's smile grew bigger, entering his own old room first. It still had clothes strewn on the ground at random, a bed in the corner, and a desk on the other side with a few unlit candles on top of it. A few lanterns hung from the ceiling, lighting the room with a warm glow. His own personal chests were by his door, probably full of useless things he had picked up while he was here, and maybe some things that he had stolen from Technoblade as well.

He opened one, and sure enough, his eyes met the sight of a lot of potions, mostly regen and health, but even a few invisibility and fire resistance ones as well. He couldn't help but feel proud of his hoard, he was sure there was much more in the other chests he hadn't opened either, but even in the ones he had looked in there was a lot.

Leaving his room he made his way to Wilbur's old one, pushing the door open, noticing that, unlike his room, no lights greeted him. It was pitch black and this fact made Tommy frown. Had Wilbur blown them all out before they had left for the battle? He flicked his hand, a torch appearing as he lit it. Once he had his torch he walked in, blue eyes looking for something that would illuminate the room better.

On Wilbur's old desk was a ridiculous amount of candles, some looking more used than others. He took his torch, lighting the wicks of the candles with the flame. The room was more visible now, Tommy able to see some blown-out lanterns dangling from the ceiling.

With a little extra effort, he was able to light those lanterns too, able to see the whole room now. Wilbur's room was not much different than Tommy's own. Wilbur's desk was where his own was, his bed on the other wall but not in the corner, instead, it was some chests with his bed next to them. Tommy made his way towards the chests, opening the first one.

In it was a book, and under that was a trenchcoat much like the one Wilbur had died in. Tommy took in the contents before gently pulling them out, looking at the book for a moment longer before setting it down. 
He unfolded the trenchcoat, taking in the coat with sad blue eyes. On the shoulder was a L'manburg flag, stitched into the coat with sloppy thread work. It was nicer than the one Wilbur had on when he died, making Tommy wonder why he never wore this one instead.

Settling the coat onto the bed he grabbed the book, opening the first page to see that it was the last letters to people that Wilbur had known. Tommy flipped through the pages looking for his name and when he found it he quickly sat down to start reading. 

Dear Tommy, 

I'm sorry if you're reading this, little bird. It wasn't supposed to end like this, with me betraying your trust. I had to do what I did though, I couldn't let Manburg- or even L'manburg stand. Making the country was a mistake, one I wish I could go back and change.

It was the place we made thinking it would be our home, but look at all the problems it sprung up because of our decision. It's destroying the SMP, and it will continue to until it's gone for good. 

It's sad that I had to leave you the way I did. I'm sorry that I left you alone Toms, but I knew I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt after I pressed the button. It's not your fault all this happened either Tommy.

One day you'll see why I did what I did, but until then just know that I love you and will be watching over you if I can. Live your life how you want to, and know no matter what you do, I'm proud of you. 

Your big brother Wilby

Tommy sniffled, closing the book slowly before setting it down. He knew what he was doing from the beginning. Part of Tommy wished he had seen the signs, been able to stop him before he even began. He wished Wilbur was here now, that he'd be able to tell Tommy that everything was ok now.

But he knew that Wilbur was gone, and nothing would change that. He looked towards the trenchcoat, the pristine piece of clothing making the blond's heartache even more. He grabbed ahold of the coat, stuffing his wet face into the cloth. He let out a shaky sigh. "Why'd you have to go Wilby? Life was so much easier with you around..."  

Three Days Later. . .

Tommy sat in front of a campfire in the ravine as he sewed a sleeve onto his new shirt, blue eyes focused. He hadn't sewn in a very long time, a skill he had learned from Sally before she had left Wilbur, Tommy, and Fundy alone. He used to love it, and even after the fish hybrid left he used his new skill to fix up their clothes when rips showed up. Now he was using it to make his new clothes. He needed out of his bloody shirt and pants as soon as possible, leading to Tommy gaining wool and starting his clothes-making journey.

Once he finally finished his shirt he looked at it, smiling at his handy work. It was a plain long-sleeved white shirt, but either way he was proud of himself. He had managed to already finish his pants, his clothes complete. It was nice to finally be done. Tommy jumped when he heard a crash near him, looking over towards the sound to see a chest with a gray rock nearby.

It must have fallen and hit the wood of the chest, making a huge crashing sound. With a sigh Tommy sat his clothes down to make his way towards the chest. He opened it, but paused once he did. Staring back at him was a blue woolen cardigan, his eyes clouding at the sight of it. 

"It's blue! It matches your eyes, Toms!" Wilbur said as he handed the cardigan to the teen with a smile. "If we're changing our looks, I thought maybe you'd like this." Tommy blinked, it was a pretty blue, definitely something Tommy would wear. 

"It's cool... thank you Wil." 

He never did wear it too much, afraid to ruin the beautiful gift. He had refused to wear it all together after his brother started acting crazier than normal, swearing he'd never wear it again. Now his hands held it tightly, his eyes shining at the cardigan in his hands. Yes, this completed his new look. He smiled.