~Chapter 7~

That morning. . .

Tommy wasn’t able to go back to sleep after the weird dream, laying awake as he stared at the ceiling above him. He tried to piece the dream together, figure out what was even happening during the scene. It was dark, but the voices sounded familiar. How come he couldn’t put the pieces together? Tommy looked up when his door squeaked open, revealing a very concerned Technoblade. He almost forget that Techno and Phil had stayed the night, seeing it was already dawn by the time they finished planning.

“Mornin’.” Technoblade spoke, a frown present on his face as he took in Tommy’s appearance. “Did you sleep?” Tommy fought with himself, wondering if he should be truthful or not. 

“Yeah, I slept okay.” He smiled after his words. “Why are you guys still here? I thought you guys would be gone by now.” Technoblade shrugged, crossing his arms as he looked at Tommy. 

“Dad insisted on making breakfast before we left…. And I wanted to check on your stitches anyways.” Tommy stiffly nodded, shoving the covers off of himself as he got out of bed. “Are you sure you slept? You look terrible.” Tommy rolled his eyes, a playful smile on his face, it was the closest thing Technoblade had seen to the old Tommy since exile. 

“Yes Techno, I’m fine.” He grabbed the cardigan that was hanging off of his desk chair, slipping it on before following the older brother out into the cold hallways. Technoblade looked unsure still- skeptical would be a better word to describe his facial expression actually. Tommy ignored it though, determined to forget the weird dream he had. Instead he decided to try and have a civil conversation with the other. “What did Phil make for breakfast?” 

“Eggs and toast I think- he said it was the only thing he could find that was breakfast related here.” Tommy nodded, already getting hungry by the thought of a cooked meal. He never ate too much, used to going days at a time without food. But it had been at least a day since he ate. “You know you can call him dad too, right? He’s still your dad.” The pinkette spoke quietly, and Tommy only frowned. 

“He’s not much of a dad- just like you aren’t much of a brother.” His eyes grew cloudy as he spoke. “You guys were always gone, remember? And then you guys finally just disappeared. Wilbur was torn up after that… I think that's when he truly started losing it.” Tommy started to speak slower, seeing to be in his own world. “Yet, even during his own grief he was still there for me when I needed it.” Tommy looked over towards Techno, seeing the other was staring ahead with a neutral look on his face. “If anyone deserves the title ‘dad’ for me, it would be Wilbur.” Well so much for casual conversation. 

“He cares about you, y’know.” Tommy couldn’t help the fiery anger that filled his soul at the piglin hybrid's words. A pained chuckle left his throat. 

“He has a funny way of showing it.” After this neither dared to speak, letting the silence of the halls carry them to the main room. The closer the two got to the main room, the stronger the smell of food was. Tommy heard his stomach growl at the idea of eating, eyes sparkling as he walked into the room. Philza was there, already sitting on the ground with his own plate eating. Two sat on the ground near him, waiting to be claimed. The blond looked up, wings fluffing up as he smiled. A ping of jealousy shot through Tommy. 

“Well good to see your up! I thought you’d sleep in.” Tommy weakly smiled at the other, grabbing up a plate and sitting down. “You ought to put a dining table in here- y’know since your living here and all!” Phil said, taking another bite out of his half-eaten toast after his words. 

“I have a feeling I won't be using Pogtopia as a base forever, no need to renovate the place. Plus, I like the nostalgic feel it gives me.” Tommy answered, already poking at his food. Philza said nothing to his answer, eyes gravitating towards Technoblade who was eating his food as if he wasn’t listening to the other two. The avian looked over with a smile, his eyes burning with questions he knew he couldn’t answer.