~Chapter 13~

Tommy flung a blanket over the shaking ghost whose eyes were on the corpse before them still. "Oh calm down, you've seen plenty of dead bodies before." Tommy growled out, making his way towards the mangled corpse. Blood still spilled out of the man's splattered head, the man almost unidentifiable because of Tommy. It made a warm joyful feeling form inside of the avian.

"N-No I haven't." Tommy looked over towards the Ghost, his eyes turning cold at the words. Right, this wasn't his Wilbur.

"Well then you'll just forget that this even happened. Stop worrying." Tommy sighed out.

"B-But it's a corpse! I don't want to stare at a corpse!" Tommy looked back towards the ghost, a deadpan look on his face. He looked from the now Dead Dream to Ghostbur. The teen tiredly sighed, looking back towards the corpse with searching eyes. "Then leave." Ghostbur looked up, blue eyes blinking before looking back towards Dream. His brows scrunched together while the ghost's eyes looked cloudy and thoughtful. Eventually he turned towards Tommy, a frown on his face.

"What if I don't want to leave?" His voice was small, as if he was a scared puppy that was about to get thrown out of the house. Tommy almost wanted to do just that at the moment. The avian stared for a minute, rolling his eyes and letting a sigh out afterwards.

"Then don't?" Ghostbur smiled at the words, but just as it came it left as he looked towards Dream's corpse once again. He looked unnerved by it, moving in place uncomfortably as he looked away from the body and in the process, Tommy. Tommy stepped closer to the corpse though, tilting his head like a curious bird would as his eyes took in the work he had done. For whatever reason Tommy couldn't get enough of the fact he had killed Dream, a huge smile forming on his face quickly.

"You should go and wash off h-his blood... from your face... and... body... and your clothes..." Ghostbur choked out, the dead man curling in on himself as he talked. Tommy hummed in response, shrugging right after. His eyes never left the corpse. It was a long time before either decided to talk again, Ghostbur being the one that broke the silence. "H-He had a bag with him too, when he came to get me. He had hidden it before he tried to kill you." Ghostbur said, making the blond look towards him in the process. Ghostbur smiled, looking towards a corner of the room. It had chests piled in it, making it a perfect hiding spot. The avian started his way to the area, looking back at the ghost who was still avoiding the sight of the corpse.

"Why were you with him anyways?" Tommy asked, looking behind the first chest in the corner. Ghostbur looked up, eyes surprised and stuttering for an answer before he finally pulled himself together.

"He threatened to revive me if I didn't- I didn't want to at first, you know? I thought he had lost it when he said you were alive, because I vaguely remember... Tubbo saying you weren't. It scared me once I realized he was being serious." Tommy paused, looking towards the ghost of his dead brother with huge eyes.

"He can do that?" Tommy looked towards the corpse, his lips in a tight line as he thought. "How would he even do that?"

"He had a book..." Ghostbur started, his eyes cloudy. "He had a book, and he threatened me with it. H-he even showed me that it worked..."

"Did he still have it with him when you came here?" Ghostbur looked towards Tommy, nodding his head after a moment. The avian turned around once again, eyes searching as he moved between the chests.

"Uh, yes. It's in the bag, actually." Ghostbur confirmed. A revive book. How'd this bastard get his hands on something like that? Even after death this man is full of surprises. Tommy kept looking, opening some of the chests in the process. It shouldn't be so hard to find, and eventually after some more silence he spotted a leather bag hidden in the shadows. He smiled to himself, walking over and around the other chests in his way, and grabbed it. It was a simple bag, one that Tommy almost thought had been sitting in Pogtopia since it was abandoned. He looked towards Ghostbur, who answered the unasked question with a nod. He quickly made his way back to the ghost of his brother and the corpse. He opened the bag, a single book meeting the avian's gaze.