Chapter 14_Familiar

(Yin pov)

I am currently standing behind Shido and listening to their small talk.

But i'm still quite surprised that even this prideful woman would help someone she hated.

Well I don't think the reason would be because of her selflessness which I don't think she have

Shido:" Don't tell me, it's about that promise?"

Miku:" Please don't get the wrong idea. I don't care about that promise one bit! I came here because i thought i'd add another spirit to my collection."

And she started walking ahead of him

Shido:" Miku, thanks. I owe you one"

Ugh why are you even thanking someone who came here for selfish reasons.

Sigh, might as well watch over him for a while.

While they were walking to the next floor of the DEM base, some of its soldiers came to apprehend the intruders.

They pointed their guns at them but Miku manipulated a soldier's mind and left the other ones unconscious.

Miku:" Hey, will you tell me where Tohka is lock away right now?"

DEM girl:"Th-That's classified information..."

Miku:"If you don't tell me. I'm going to hate you..."

DEM girl:" N-No, big sister! Sh-She's in the quarantine area on the 18th floor! If you use this ID, you'll be able to get in. So please, big sister, have mercy! Have mercy on me!"

Shido and Miku made their way to the staircase to go and rescue Tohka on the 18th floor.

I'm still following behind them though with my invisibility still active.

When they took a turn they encountered 3 armed DEM soldiers.

The DEM trio fired at them with Shido almost being hit on his left leg.

Miku looks at Shido annoyed and then used her voice with spirit power to knock back the trio.

Miku:"Do you really think that attack is enough to stop me? You underestimate me."

Just then i heard footsteps coming from behind her and saw 3 more soldiers about to open fire but i interfered and decapitated them without a second thought.

Yin:" Miku, you're overconfidence is bound to get you killed someday"

Shido:" Yin!"

Miku:" You're..."

Yin:" No time talking. Shido!"

Shido:" Yeah I know"

And he starts walking away to rush and save Tohka.

I am now left alone with Miku staring at me intently.

Yin:" Miku—"

Miku:" Why are you helping him?!"

Yin:" Huh? Why shouldn't I? I'm just doing what i want"

Miku:" But he's just using that spirit for his own good"

Yin:" The same can be said about yourself"

Miku was taken aback by what i just said.

Miku:" You don't know me"

Yin:" Care to enlighten me about what i should know about you then?"

Miku:" hmph, you can't keep up that act forever!"