Chapter 6

Ave stared firmly at the free balcony outside as she walk amongst the sea of crowds. There were some who tried to talk to her but soon stopped when they saw the sharp glare Ave has in her eyes.

...Just a little more... Ave thought as her head was pounding violently inside. She did not recall how long it was since she fought the erasure. Every time the name was called, Ave could feel her old self dying inside.

The only way to keep herself intact was to fight against it violently though it always comes at a price. This time thankfully was simply a headache, but it was a god-awful one. Ave could almost feel her head was about to explode when she finally reaches the balcony.

Immediately, the cold wind blows away the stench and heat she endured till now as she closed the curtains behind her. "Ha...ha...ha..." Ave pants relentlessly as if she was gasping for air desperately.

Whispers from within cloud's her mind in a soft gentle tone. It was inviting her, coaxing her to give up the burden. Like a motherly warmth enveloping her, Ave could feel the God's touch. It was warm, loving even... and it made Ave scream in agony inside as she resisted its touch.

"Ave... Ave is my name..." Ave whispered as she grasped the end of the railings hard. The nerve in her head bulges as the pain came roaring back in earnest. "I am Ave... and I have a daughter waiting for me..." She whispered as she slowly regains control of her old self.

"I am Ave... and I have a daughter waiting for me... I am Ave... and I have a daughter waiting for me..." Ave whispered the words again and again as the pain continues though each time she did, she could feel her old self coming back again and again.

The pain and the process were slow and dull. Time seemed to pass by slowly as if the God was encouraging her to let go. Ave refuses as she clenches her teeth in defiance. "Ha... ha... ha..." Ave's breathing slowly relaxes as the pain finally subsides.

Sweat breaks free from her body, causing her to be a sticky mess. Thankfully however, the cold wind easily washes away any uncomfortable feeling in an instant. Ave slowly opened her eyes as it soon revealed a starry night sky.

It was such a spectacular view as no lights nor clouds barred its sublime beauty for anyone to enjoy. Unlike her old world, this world was relatively new and clean. Primitive, but clean from any pollution that would have been there otherwise.

Ave stared at the sky for a moment longer before shaking her head. "You really are trying so hard..." Ave mocked the God underneath her breath as she could practically feel everything was prearranged. From the invitation to the weather, all of it was made to make Ave forget herself.

"...Don't worry, I haven't forgotten our promise." Ave whispered. "...I will find my way back home..." Ave whispered as she turned to go back to the party. Ave slowly regained her composure as she slowly, silently blended in with the surroundings.

Ave could not help but smile in satisfaction as no one had seen her nor noticed her. She blended so perfectly like a flower wallpaper as everyone else ignores her. Unbeknownst to her however, there was one who had heard everything from start to finish, and Zane could not help but look at her sister in horror as if he had never known her despite three years of living together.

5 minutes prior, Zane POV.

"She really is too much!" One of the girls shouted in frustration as others nodded in agreement. Zane manages to find himself yet again surrounded by several young girls at his age just like the princes and the prime minister's son.

Though Zane did not know why they are gathering beside him, his patience was slowly dwindling by the second as he hated to be reminded every single second of that day. It was like an open wound constantly being waxed in salt.