Chapter 21

An: Ight here's the present I promised after that cliffhanger. 6k+ words in total. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it as there will be no cliffhangers here... maybe... hehe. But fr this would be a long chapter so if you have to get early tomorrow, I really do not suggest reading this chap just yet.

          "Go for it sir Leo! Teach her place sir Kyrie!" The crowd screamed for Ave's execution as Leo removed his uniform coat. "Kya sir Leo is so handsome! So does sir Kyrie!" It took all of Leo's concentration from frowning as Kyrie seemed to enjoy the attention he was given.

He slowly straightens his posture as he walks toward his elder brother. "Your face is too stiff brother. You should relax or you will frighten the crowd." Leo shot a dismissive glare as he carefully whispers out a reply.

"Just how petty can you be?" Kyrie frowned as he stands side by side with his brother. "She struck the first blow. I am just-" "She would have done nothing if you had not joined those harlots." "Oh, so I am the one in the wrong now??"

Kyrie almost screamed in frustration as Leo shook his head without turning a glance. His gaze was steady, staring calmly at Ave who was talking with Zane. "Both of you are accountable, but it was you who keep kicking the nest.

If you had just let go of that petty grudge of yours, you may-" "Petty? She had insulted and injured a royal blood brother! How is that petty?!" Kyrie defended himself as Leo let out a sigh. "Just why are you like this? You weren't someone so low as to keep a grudge like this so why?"

"...You can't even remember so why bother?" Leo blinked then as the voice was colder than before. A tone he had never heard from Kyrie. "What do you-" "Ah she's coming." Leo snapped his attention back at Ave as she walked towards them.

She had an amiable smile that spread from her cheeks as if the heavy air did not bother her. "She is taking this too lightly." Kyrie growled as Leo shook his head in disappointment. The jeers from the crowd grew louder but Ave cannot seem to hear them as she only smiles.

"Try to be gentle with her, don't use mana if you can. We don't want the dukedom to draw unwanted ire to us." Leo said as Ave stopped 15ft away. "Gentle? Forget that! I am not about to let her get away without paying appropriately! She has to..." Kyrie trailed off as Ave's eyes meet theirs.

Unlike her carefree smile, a spiteful spirit seemed to be frozen in glacial ice within those orbs of light. The two hesitated as Ave's smile went deadpan the moment she had taken her stance. "Again? Is she seriously using wind with that sword?" Kyrie whispered in ridicule as Leo silently agrees.

"Well, I guess this one will be in the bag. Let's just wait for her to get tired and spring right after." Kyrie whispered as Leo nodded. The two lowered to their stance as well as the judge raised his hands. "Begin!" He shouted as the duel begin.

The two separated immediately with a kick, expecting Ave to be chasing one of them when they realized she did not move a single inch from her spot. What the? Kyrie thought as it was odd for her to stay still compared to her unrelenting chase with Zane. They could have sworn she would chase them relentlessly and yet here she was.

Leo seemed to realize this as well as he shot a glance at Kyrie. As if they planned it out, the two begin to circle at Ave. One was keeping her gaze, while the other seeks out an opening. Alright, let's see what you have. Leo thought as he switches from formless to flame.

Leo threw several strikes half of its power as Ave countered with full force, though it was what Leo exactly wanted. By halving the force of power, Leo could change accordingly when the countered landed and redirect its power twofold. Fires are generally weak on their own, but with the aid of the wind, they can become an inferno.