Chapter 13

"...What do you want?" Hana's emerald eyes narrowed at the sight of Ave as she tried to control her rising anger from spilling forth. Bitter memories of Zane came rushing forth in her head like a broken dam as Ave replied with her usual distant aura.

"I thought my designated room was... this. My apologies, it seems they have mistaken mine for yours, excuse me." Ave said as she hurriedly retreated back though she did not even make five steps before Hana stopped her as she grabbed her arm.

"Wait." Hana said as Ave shook her hold roughly. "I would appreciate it if you do not carelessly touch me lady Hana." Ave said as she dusted off the arm where Hana touched. Hana was infuriated by her actions so much that her hands curled up into fists unconsciously.

"Alright then, lady André. Can you perhaps spare a bit of your time? I have something important I wish to discuss with you." Hana said as she tried to retain her controlled aura. "My apologies but I don't have time to spare." Ave said as she turned to leave.

"...Have you apologies to Zane yet?" Hana finally has had enough of Ave's reply as she blurted out what mostly be considered rude in high society. Ave stopped dead in her tracks as she slowly turned to face an enraged Hana.

"...You still haven't, didn't you?" Hana asked as Ave's words slowly turned cold. "What happens between us is none of your concern lady Hana." Ave whispered a warning, but Hana did not seem to get it as she was further frustrated.

"None of my concern? My friend almost ruined his hands! He was in misery because of your words! How is that none of my concern!" Hana shouted as Ave clicked her tongue. "That is our family's problem lady Hana, it would serve you well to avoid it." Ave warned as Hana did not back down.

"Family? That's rich coming from you lady André. Wasn't it you yourself that didn't see him as one?" Hana fired back as Ave blinked in surprise before slowly hardening. "It seems you have a bad habit of eaves-dropping lady Hana." Ave responds as the embers of annoyance flickers.

"Don't change the subject here. Zane deserves to be treated better than what you did lady André." Hana said as Ave snapped back. "That is none of your concern lady Hana. How I treat Zane entirely depends on me." Ave said as Hana grinds her teeth. "It's called common decency."

Ave's eyes darken for a moment as Hana flinched. "I don't need to listen to you miss Hana. This is a family dispute, an outsider like you has no right to speak whatever damn opinion you may have. However sensible it may be." Ave said as she turned to leave.

"Can't you just treat him like any normal sister?? What sin did Zane do to be treated like this! Why do you have to be so cruel?!" Hana said as Ave stopped dead once more. "Cruel?" A sharp whisper escaped from Ave as she turned to glare at Hana.

"Believe me lady Hana, I have never been cruel to Zane. If I were to even spend a mere fraction of my hate to Zane, he would be be nothing more than a bumbling blind buffoon." Ave snarled as Hana jumps back in shock.

"I could have trapped him under the basement where the rats would be the only company he will ever have. I could have ordered the servants to switch his meals with garbage that even starving beggars would not eat!" Ave growled as she glares fiercely at Hana.

"I could go on and on about how I can break his spirit miss Hana, but I never did. I never did try once what other families would do to some no-name, yet I have you here preaching common fucking decency when you did not even know what I've been through...

...If I really decided to be cruel to him miss Hana, believe me, I would have broken him many times over by now. You wouldn't even recognize him, so don't speak as if you knew me miss Hana. You knew nothing of me." Ave breathed in heavily as Hana steps back with a hint of fear in her eyes, but also worry.