Chapter 23

An: Whew this took a long time! Well I hope you guys enjoy it anyways! Finally caught a break!

"...Just how long are you going to stare at me?" Ave's words were akin to a stone being thrown at a calm pond after an unbearable time of the two just staring at her. "... We have a lot to discuss." Hale finally answered as Yana nodded back in agreement.

"Ah yes. I do believe we have very important matters to moot over, but can you three please seat down? My neck will get cramps if I keep staring upwards." The two were hesitant to take Ave's offer as Zane immediately took the offer as his little legs were beginning to tire out.

"...Need I remind you that your daughter and I share the same body? If I get cramps, she will get cramps, so it is best not to mule it over and just sit down." The two did not hesitate this time as they reluctantly grabbed their seats and settled down.

"H-how do you feel miss Ave?" Zane's innocence failed to capture the standoff between the three as he was far more concerned with Ave and his sister's wellbeing. "Like waking up after downing 10 gallons of alcohol." "A-alcohol?? Just what are you doing to our daughter's body!"

Yana suddenly snapped back as Ave covered her ears in annoyance. "Ok one, can you please not shout? I already have a splitting headache and shouting is not helping. And two, it is a metaphor. I obviously can't drink even if I wanted to."

Ave calmly responded though she was just as irritated as anyone else with a hungover. "Ah... so you mean it... like that?... I apologize. It seemed I have jumped to conclusions." Yana gave a fake cough though her ears were burning red in embarrassment.

"Wouldn't be the first but whatever." Ave grumbled as Yana slightly decline her head further. "Can we get to business now?" Hale interrupted, though it was more of a pretense to take the pressure off from his wife.

"Ah, yes. It is good that you two are actually here, I've been meaning to discuss several matters on hand, and sending letters is simply not ideal." Ave said with a slight enthusiasm in her voice/ "First off, can I get more access to the library?

There are some books that might aid in our cause, but I lack the authority to access them." Ave said as she particularly remembers the books behind the elf receptionist. "No noble family, even the royalty themselves, have the right to meddle in the affairs of the academy."

Ave snickered before Hale's answer as he frowned visibly. "No right to meddle you say? That's quite idealistic wouldn't you agree, sir Hale?" Ave smirked as she rested her cheek with her free hand. "...Did something happen?" Yana said, though she already knew the answer.

"Did something happen? Oh, believe me lady Yana, there is something that indeed happened alright." Ave chuckled as if she heard a bad joke. "And that is?" Yana calmly respond as Ave lazily blinked back.

"...Right this should be the second thing I want to talk about." Ave said as she scratches her temple. "Let's say, hypothetically speaking of course, that I punched a prince, is it really that bad?" Ave said in an almost nonchalant way, but Hale and Yana's horror soon blew it all away.

"Yes! Of course it is bad! What were you thinking?!" The two shouted simultaneously as Ave let out a nervous chuckle. "That bad huh?" Ave almost regretted her past actions as only now did she regained her clarity. "We thought those were just wild rumors!

Poor attempts of jealous houses to brought us low, but you indeed strike down a royalty??" Hale said incredulously. "...Two of them actually..." Deadpan silence envelops the room as Hale and Yana stared back in bewilderment and silence.

"D-don't worry mom, dad! M-miss Ave did beat them up, even when they were together! She was really strong!" Not helping lad! Ave almost wanted to scream as a painful glare shot from the two. "You did what?" Yana whispered dangerously as Ave tries to regather her composure.