Chapter 10

"...Is she not going this time as well?" Yana weakly asked as she stared listlessly at the vacant seat. The air was heavy as Hale tried to find the words to speak in the desolate room. Zane had already been sent to the academy two weeks prior, leaving only the couple and Ave.

"...The young miss said she does not feel well as well today madam." One of the maids carefully answered as Hale gulped. After Yana's outburst, Ave had never shared her breakfast again with the two as she spend her days in solitude in her room.

Yana's lips trembled as she nodded slowly back in reply. "...Dear..." Hale whispered as he clasped his hand with hers. Yana turned her gaze to her husband as she whispered. "...It's all my fault Hale... it's all my fault..." Tears threatened to overflow as Hale shook his head.

"No no no don't say that dear. I too am responsible for this, not just you." Hale whispered as Yana replied. "...I should have not pushed her... I should... I should not have..." Yana trailed off as she could not finish the words.

"There there dear..." Hale softly comforts his wife. The air was deathly silent as the soft sobs of Yana were the only thing that rang throughout the room. "I just want to talk to her... to make up for everything." Yana croaked out as her grip tightens.

"...I'll find a way... somehow..." Hale vaguely promised as Yana was soon escorted out with her personal maid to rest. Hale made sure his wife went out safely before slowly sinking back in his seat as he sighed deeply in heavy thought.

"Dane..." Hale whispered as a man in his late forties stood forward beside him. He wore a sharp pair of black and white clothes that marked him as the elder butler. "The usual... please..." Hale said as he begins to tap his finger in a constant rhythm.

"...Sire, I believe any more drinking would be detrimental to your health." The butler said as Hale replied in an annoyed tone. "I can't think without drinking something strong, so give me one..." Hale replied as the butler chewed his gums before replying.

"...It won't bring the young miss back like this sire." Dane replied as Hale's tapping soon stopped. "Watch your mouth Dane. I am not in the mood for your cheap jokes. Now stop complaining and give me a drink." Hale growled as he went back to tapping in a steady rhythm.

Dane sighed in disappointment before turning back to get a bottle as he was ordered. He chose a somewhat cheap wine that has a light orange color. Hale frowned as he soon noticed the drink he was being served in.

"I thought I told you to get me the usual?" Hale said but took the shot anyway as he was eager for anything to burn his chest. "Another one." Hale said as he gulped down the shot without difficulty. "...May I offer a solution sire." Dane said as he poured another shot.

"And that is?" Hale scoffed indifferently as he did not expect any reasonable answer from him. "...There is a letter from the academy, it might be enough to pique her... interest..." Dane answered as Hale stopped midway from drowning another shot.

Hale discard the drink wholeheartedly as he turned to Dane with wide eyes. "Come again?" Hale whispered as Dane smiled inside, feeling successful in stopping his liege. "The academy had been inquiring about her presence nonstop since then sire. I've heard the young miss loves to learn... perhaps this would suffice?" Dane said as Hale blinked.

Hale blinked, again and again until his tired brain slowly catches up. A smile slowly crept up as he soon understood everything a second too late. "That is an excellent suggestion Dane! Quickly send her a notice right away! Tell the chef to prepare her favorites as well!"

A frown creases across Dane's brow as he carefully replied. "I'm not sure we should do that sire." Dane said as Hale looked confused. "...I am merely suggesting sire, but I think it is better for you to say this than any one of us right now." Dane continued.