Chapter 7

"Happy birthday, lady Hana." The small crowd that surrounded Hana fell silent as they turned to the cold, yet dignified voice of Ave. Hana's eyes went wide as she turned to a girl of her age. Her clothes were simple, her makeup was light.

She did not even adorn her earrings which were a staple within the nobility as a simple necklace was all that she has to show yet she was beautiful. By Folux's holy name was she beautiful! Hana could not explain in words as she was simply that beautiful.

Her ebony dark hair was like the night sky as her silver-grey eyes pulsed softly in the night. Hana could not help but feel a slight pang of jealousy of her natural beauty, but more so in admiration as an inexplicable aura excluded from her despite being the same age.

The small crowd beside her was also silent as they were captivated by Ave's beauty. She looked so simple yet so elegant at the same time. It was two contradictory things that defied their expectations and common sense for dressing up.

It was common sense that only the finest jewels and dresses could enhance one's beauty. Everyone believes this, it was expected for every party, for every season to have multiple new dresses and jewels to adorn. Was common sense until Ave showed up.

"...Lady Hana?" Hana snapped out of her mesmerized state as she hurriedly tries to recover herself from her shameful display. "A-ah t-thank you, my lady." Hana stuttered as if she had forgotten herself in front of such a strange display.

"I hope the party is to your liking? We have prepared but only the finest delicacy there is. We have aged cheddar that would go exquisitely well with red wine." Ave raised a brow as she replied. "I did not know you have a taste for cheese and wine my lady." Ave replied in a slightly impressed tone.

Yes! This is my chance! Ave excitedly thought as she confidently replied. "B-but of course! I am a bit of a connoisseur if I do say so myself!" Hana lied as she was eager to gain her favor. "Sadly we're still minors lady Hana, I do not think drinking alcohol would be in our best interest."

"Ah, r-right..." Hana reddens slightly in embarrassment as she was exposed almost immediately by Ave, though it only heightens Hana's admiration for Ave as she sounded too cool. "...Though I could go for some..." Hana perked up as Ave feigns ignorance at her surprised eyes.

"Lady André, I hope you would understand that we cannot partake in such drinks yet." Hana silently glares at Leo for his tactless response. Leo looked confused as he did not know what he had done to cause such a response.

"But of course your majesty. I was simply being considerate to lady Hana's offer, nothing more." Ave replied formally at Leo who avoided her gaze. "Ah! That reminds me! You are enrolling in the Ferul Academy this fall right lady Laurel?" Hana asked, trying to keep Ave from leaving.

"...Y-yes, that is correct. Zane and I will be coming." Ave replied a moment later as Zane paled. Hana smiled deeply as she offered her hand. "I will be going this fall too, it is nice to know I am not going alone this time!" Hana cheerfully replied as if she was relieved by her answer.

Ave silently stared at Hana's hand for a while, causing an awkward silence to settle in. "Umm, sister?" Ave blinked in surprise as if she had broken free from her daze state. "Ah, y-yes." Ave replied as she finally took her hand.

I did it! Hana screamed joyfully from within as it was her first time making a girl friend. "L-lady Laurel if you would not mind, I wish-!" Hana stopped midsentence as Ave visibly paled. "You..." Ave whispered coldly as her grip suddenly tightens.

"!!!" The light atmosphere was suddenly shattered beneath Ave's cold gaze as her pupils trembled violently. "Sister!" Zane manages to separate the two just in time before it escalates any further. "Sister what is wrong??" Zane said after Ave but receive no reply as she stared at Hana.